Releasing on wants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Releasing on wants

Hello there! I fully understand that saying 'I want' does imply 'not having'. I am however confused about feelings. I have read in various law of attraction books that you need to feel good before having whatever you wish to attract into your life. For example, feel what it feels like knowing the car of your dreams is parked in your driveway. How can you feel what it feels like and let go? Could somebody please clarify this for me?

Hi Nettie!

Underneath all the wanting and the lacking is the infinite you. All the love, and joy and abundance that you are seeking is within you. When we release we uncover this love, joy, and abundance. And like attracts like. Lester was an amazing teacher because he really advocated for the infinite you and the infinite me. When he was in bliss and experiencing abundance he asked himself, "Can it get better than this?" He discovered that letting go of even the bliss and the abundance took him even farther, deeper, higher, and even more abundant. Any holding on is a contracted, closed state. When we are contracted and closed we are not open to having anything.

In the release-a-day program Hale just offered a fantastic release to process that kind of visualization exercise. See below:

See the car of your dreams parked in your driveway. Feel what it feels like knowing the car of your dreams is parked in your driveway. Notice the color it is. Notice how it glistens in the sunlight. Open the door and get behind the wheel. Feel the thick and sumptuous upholstery. Smell that new car smell. Turn the key and listen to the engine purr. Feel yourself driving off in your car and feel the weight and the power of it. Notice how smooth and responsive the ride is. Imagine yourself driving around and feel what it feels like to have this car as a part of your everyday life.

Now check and see if there is any feeling underneath all of that that feels like this can't be real, you can't have this, you don't know how to make it happen, you need a plan to make it happen, or you don't deserve it, or any nay saying. And if yes, then welcome that all up and check to see what want is any of that arising from? Welcome that want. And then let that want go. And then let of go wanting that car.

Notice the question is "let go of WANTING any of the car", not let go of having it.

If you want any visualization process to actually work you have to let go of everything that is working at cross purposes of the goal. Having a lovely fantasy that covers over all the doubt, and lack of worthiness, etc is a nice experience but won't garner the results you want. You have to let go of everything that is in the way of your goal.

Best,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thank you so much for all that useful information. This really makes perfect sense. I am still a novice at this but I keep on keeping on!

Comment

Originally posted by Nettie View Post
        Thank you so much for all that useful information. This really makes perfect sense. I am still a novice at this but I keep on keeping on!
        Hi Nettie!

Yes, keep letting go. It will only keep getting better!

Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
          Hi Nettie!

Underneath all the wanting and the lacking is the infinite you. All the love, and joy and abundance that you are seeking is within you. When we release we uncover this love, joy, and abundance. And like attracts like. Lester was an amazing teacher because he really advocated for the infinite you and the infinite me. When he was in bliss and experiencing abundance he asked himself, "Can it get better than this?" He discovered that letting go of even the bliss and the abundance took him even farther, deeper, higher, and even more abundant. Any holding on is a contracted, closed state. When we are contracted and closed we are not open to having anything.

In the release-a-day program Hale just offered a fantastic release to process that kind of visualization exercise. See below:

See the car of your dreams parked in your driveway. Feel what it feels like knowing the car of your dreams is parked in your driveway. Notice the color it is. Notice how it glistens in the sunlight. Open the door and get behind the wheel. Feel the thick and sumptuous upholstery. Smell that new car smell. Turn the key and listen to the engine purr. Feel yourself driving off in your car and feel the weight and the power of it. Notice how smooth and responsive the ride is. Imagine yourself driving around and feel what it feels like to have this car as a part of your everyday life.

Now check and see if there is any feeling underneath all of that that feels like this can't be real, you can't have this, you don't know how to make it happen, you need a plan to make it happen, or you don't deserve it, or any nay saying. And if yes, then welcome that all up and check to see what want is any of that arising from? Welcome that want. And then let that want go. And then let of go wanting that car.

Notice the question is "let go of WANTING any of the car", not let go of having it.

If you want any visualization process to actually work you have to let go of everything that is working at cross purposes of the goal. Having a lovely fantasy that covers over all the doubt, and lack of worthiness, etc is a nice experience but won't garner the results you want. You have to let go of everything that is in the way of your goal.

Best,
          Delilah

Thank you Delilah, the you gave (even though meant for Nettie) was very helpful to me. Is it correct to state that We should let go of the want of the 'outcome' rather than the want itself? Because how do you stop wanting /desiring something.. when you or lester or Hale talk about releasing the want, is this what they mean?

Thanks!
          Namrata

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
          Hi Nettie!

Best,
          Delilah

Thank you Delilah, the example you gave (even though meant for Nettie) was very helpful to me. Is it correct to state that We should let go of the want of the 'outcome' rather than the want itself? Because how do you stop wanting /desiring something.. when you or lester or Hale talk about releasing the want, is this what they mean?

Thanks!
          Namrata
          Last edited by Namrata; 03-15-2016, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Hi Namarata!

We let go of wanting by first allowing the want to be here. When we do this first, we are welcoming the want. Welcoming is the second most fundamental way to let go. Then see if you can let go of wanting. Remember that the questions are not commands and that the answer "no" can still result in a let go.

Also, notice the actual experience of the wanting. Notice what if feels like int he body and where. This will take you out of your head. When you drop down into the body and notice the sensations you will get more feedback on how the releasing is going. Tension and contraction means you are holding. Relaxation and expansion means you are letting go.

Everyone needs to play around with the process for a bit to see how they work. Keep playing!

Best,
            Delilah
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by Namrata View Post
              Thank you Delilah, the you gave (even though meant for Nettie) was very helpful to me. Is it correct to state that We should let go of the want of the 'outcome' rather than the want itself? Because how do you stop wanting /desiring something.. when you or lester or Hale talk about releasing the want, is this what they mean?

Thanks!
              Namrata
              No should. I have a friend with a charming accent who said to me "Don't should on yourself." I didn't hear should in the usual way. Instead it sounded like s...it. I though no one in their right mind would Sh*t on themselves. So I asked them to repeat, Don't Schoolt on yourself. When you should on yourself you're not being kind.

Ideally you would like to release on wanting, the I want. The outcome, I'm having that or I prefer that, is a choice.

At a buffet, you see a choice of food, you don't say, I want, because what you want you lack, and I've known a few adults that have said to their kids, you don't always get what you want. If you're choosing, choosing an outcome let go of wanting instead, it becomes I'll have what is available and I'll have that when it becomes available.
              older text

The original dictionary meaning of wanting was lack. You may have come across with the expression, he was wanting, his self esteem was wanting, or her looks were wanting. In each phrase the author was saying, They lack.

For example. When you say I want money so I can pay my rent, you're affirming, I lack money to pay my rent. Not an ideal affirmation. When you let go of wanting money to pay the rent. You're affirmation is more likely to be I'll have the money to pay the rent on time. You're no longer holding onto the lack.

So when you're letting go you're not really giving up the ideal outcome you desire. You're changing the direction you're going to get there by releasing the lack.

Alex

Comment

Working...
              X