X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devbanana
    started a topic Negative Thoughts

Negative Thoughts

Lately I've been realizing I don't have to be afraid of my negative thoughts. They are just the result of repressed feelings trying to get out.

But I do have a bit of a question with this.

Lester said that every thought is materialized.

So if I use something like, say, the holistic releasing method, where you welcome both sides of the issue, or even Larry's squeezing the lemon technique, where you consider never getting your goal—are those thoughts going to be manifested?

I suppose I want to understand what Lester meant by this statement, that all thoughts are materialized.

The way I'm understanding it right now is that we purposely confront these negative thoughts that hold an emotional charge for us, so that the obstacles can be cleared for our goals to take form.

• DelilahCertifiedSMCoach
    replied
    Hi Dorothy!

Negative thoughts just come up to be released. There is no need to overcome them so much as to simply welcome them and allow them to come up and release.

If they are persistent, using any of the releasing processes can support a let go that is pertinent to what is under the negative thought and is causing it to come up repeatedly.

Avoiding is just another word for suppressing and suppressing isn't really optimal because it takes energy to avoid or suppress. Why waste energy in that way? Being happy, really happy, is more likely if we are not afraid of any of our thoughts, driven by any of our thoughts, even if they are negative. All thoughts are really like clouds in the sky. Eventually any thought will just pass on by. Releasing supports and expedites the passing by of negative or uncomfortable thoughts.

Best,
    Delilah

Leave a comment:

• Sedona Training -- Alex
    replied
    I think you mean, Letting Go of the past. To avoid it is to resist it. And what we resist tends to press back on us. I find that if thinking about the past brings up emotions, it's good to let go. That way the positive emotions have more space to grow.

Alex

Leave a comment:

• Dorothy12
    replied
    I think being happy and avoiding about the past can be the best option to overcome negative thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• devbanana
    replied
    Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
    HI devbanana!

I know that what I am about to write is going to upset some, maybe even a lot of people but here goes.

Check and see if the idea that "every thought is materialized" is in fact true. We have gazillions of thoughts throughout the day. Are all of those manifested? And think about how many negative thoughts we have in day. Are all of those materialized? The mind is a nonstop negative thought producing machine. All of those thoughts are just not materialized.

However, there are thoughts that reflect an energy system "event" or events that do materialize because there is a powerful personal attachment or aversion linked to that thought and yes, those thoughts do materialize.

Allowing negative thoughts to come up so that we can release them unravels or neutralizes any energy disturbance that have become linked with thoughts, feelings, experiences etc. If we aren't releasing we are suppressing or repressing and then negative thoughts go below conscious awareness where they really wreak havoc.

When we release regularly we discover that we have fewer and fewer negative thoughts and any that may appear in awareness are dissolved effortlessly.
    Best,
    Delilah
    Thanks Delilah. Sorry somehow I passed over this reply until today.

I agree with that. My experience is that the harder and the longer we fight something, the more it is materialized, as far as negative thoughts are concerned.

SM has been a bit of a switch for me, though it aligns with my own experiences. Prior to this I studied Abraham-Hicks pretty extensively, and they discourage any kind of working with negative thoughts at all. It's more about ignoring them and trying to look to the positive.

But, that simply didn't work for me. I had some haphazard success, but nothing predictable. I found I was still hanging on to my fears, but just not admitting that to myself.

So, SM has been a good wake-up call to what I'm really thinking moment-to-moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
    HI devbanana!

I know that what I am about to write is going to upset some, maybe even a lot of people but here goes.

Check and see if the idea that "every thought is materialized" is in fact true. We have gazillions of thoughts throughout the day. Are all of those manifested? And think about how many negative thoughts we have in day. Are all of those materialized? The mind is a nonstop negative thought producing machine. All of those thoughts are just not materialized.

However, there are thoughts that reflect an energy system "event" or events that do materialize because there is a powerful personal attachment or aversion linked to that thought and yes, those thoughts do materialize.

Allowing negative thoughts to come up so that we can release them unravels or neutralizes any energy disturbance that have become linked with thoughts, feelings, experiences etc. If we aren't releasing we are suppressing or repressing and then negative thoughts go below conscious awareness where they really wreak havoc.

When we release regularly we discover that we have fewer and fewer negative thoughts and any that may appear in awareness are dissolved effortlessly.
    Best,
    Delilah
    Thanks Delilah. Sorry somehow I passed over this reply until today.

I agree with that. My experience is that the harder and the longer we fight something, the more it is materialized, as far as negative thoughts are concerned.

SM has been a bit of a switch for me, though it aligns with my own experiences. Prior to this I studied Abraham-Hicks pretty extensively, and they discourage any kind of working with negative thoughts at all. It's more about ignoring them and trying to look to the positive.

But, that simply didn't work for me. I had some haphazard success, but nothing predictable. I found I was still hanging on to my fears, but just not admitting that to myself.

So, SM has been a good wake-up call to what I'm really thinking moment-to-moment.

Leave a comment:

• mikec9
    replied
    I've been working on this for a long time, and I have recently been led to the Sedona Method. What I found from experience to be true for me in my life experience, is that the things that I habitually think about materialize in my life depending on the clarity and neutrality of my feelings. If my inner state is neutral regarding the "thing" in question, meaning that I neither strive for nor reject that thing, then it materializes if I think of it habitually. I use the Sedona Method to release my negativity and feelings of attachment to maintain a neutral and peaceful inner state. This has made a noticeable difference in my ability to consciously manifest things in my life.

Leave a comment:

• DelilahCertifiedSMCoach
    replied
    HI devbanana!

Best,
    Delilah

Leave a comment:

• devbanana
    replied
    Originally posted by zannierose View Post

I suppose I want to understand what Lester meant by this statement, that all thoughts are materialized.
    my understanding is this is not the full content of what he said..the second part was 'unless they are counteracted'...which is what happens when we let go or do a holistic release
    Yeah you're right that's the second part of it.

And it's a good clarification. I think when a lot of LOA practitioners think about thoughts being manifested, they try to avoid the negative thoughts.

But it seems that only increases them, because you're repressing the thought, instead of letting it go.

So letting go allows us to counteract the thought without resisting it, it seems.

Thanks for your reply

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by zannierose View Post

my understanding is this is not the full content of what he said..the second part was 'unless they are counteracted'...which is what happens when we let go or do a holistic release
    Yeah you're right that's the second part of it.

And it's a good clarification. I think when a lot of LOA practitioners think about thoughts being manifested, they try to avoid the negative thoughts.

But it seems that only increases them, because you're repressing the thought, instead of letting it go.

So letting go allows us to counteract the thought without resisting it, it seems.

Thanks for your reply

Leave a comment:

• zannierose
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X