The Sedona Method vs. Abraham-Hicks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sedona Method vs. Abraham-Hicks

Is it OK to compare and contrast different teachings here?

I find that TSM is probably in 90% agreement with the teachings of Abraham-Hicks.

I have found some areas that contradict, and yes, I want to figure it out. I want to know how I know what is accurate.

I'll give an example: TSM, per my understanding, says to release your resistance to something until all the resistance is gone and you can be in CAP about that subject or goal.

Abraham takes more of the approach of taking your mind off of the subject, and telling different stories about the same situation to try to feel better.

So for example, if the situation was that I don't like the balance in my bank account and I'm worried about it, Abraham might say to either (1) totally get off the subject altogether, or (2) find a way to think about it that reframes it in a more positive light. For example, perhaps,

If Abraham says to take your mind off eg your bank account...what do you do with the 'yes buts..etc? TSM shows you how to deal with them..One way it does that is by taking it to the wants.
    TSM is ultimately about Freedom and Truth, especially when you discover the 5th Way. I have heard Hale say the the law of attraction is a useful doorway into a new way of looking at things..it helps people move out of apathy (bottom of the emotional scale in Abe terms)...

Comment

Originally posted by zannierose View Post
      If Abraham says to take your mind off eg your bank account...what do you do with the 'yes buts..etc? TSM shows you how to deal with them..One way it does that is by taking it to the wants.
      TSM is ultimately about Freedom and Truth, especially when you discover the 5th Way. I have heard Hale say the the law of attraction is a useful doorway into a new way of looking at things..it helps people move out of apathy (bottom of the emotional scale in Abe terms)...
      Yes I agree with that. I've found that trying to get my mind off of things bothering me doesn't really help, or it's just stuck at the back of my mind nagging at me.

Comment

and that is where TSM is a great support...have you noticed that?

Comment

Originally posted by zannierose View Post
          and that is where TSM is a great support...have you noticed that?
          Absolutely. I love the ease of just allowing whatever feelings/sensations are here to be here. so easy to release that way and let joy take over.

Comment

Hi devbanana!

Zannierose is correct. TSM addresses many of the gaps in the A-H's teachings. The concepts are right on in A-H but the process is missing.

Taking our mind off a subject is either the result of suppressing or distracting. Neither of which really work.

What we do in TSM is look straight into a topic and process any negative thoughts directly so that they dissolve.

Telling ourselves different stories about a topic is only useful if we use the new story as a goal and RELEASE on everything thought and feeling that stands in the way of our accomplishing the goal. If we just tell ourselves different stories we again are just suppressing or distracting and again, neither is really very useful.

The only other thing I would say about the A-H teaching is that it says that if we are't getting the results we want we aren't wanting it enough. Remember that in TSM wanting is really lacking. So wanting something more withOUT releasing on the want, welcoming it so that it fully releases, is really just reinforcing the lacking feeling.

Lastly, remember that it is important to feel hootlessness through releasing. That means that we are feeling just fine whether we get the goal or we don't. It is in that place of hootlessness that we experience real freedom. When we feel completely free we are able to have clarity about the goal. We discover if the goal is in fact our goal and if it has real value for us. And if we find the need to take any action steps towards accomplishing that goal we can do so with ease. Often what stands in the way of our having a goal is resistance to certain action steps. When we let go of resistance to those actions steps then things often open up for us.

Best,
            Delilah
            Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 02-13-2018, 03:25 PM.
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
              Zannierose is correct. TSM addresses many of the gaps in the A-H's teachings. The concepts are right on in A-H but the process is missing.
              It's interesting you say that. I've never been drawn to any of Abraham's processes. Focus wheels and all the other processes they came up with in Ask and It Is Given, just felt like work to me.

Lately they've been focusing a lot more on meditation, which I find to be an interesting twist in their teachings.

Taking our mind off a subject is either the result of suppressing or distracting. Neither of which really work.

What we do in TSM is look straight into a topic and process any negative thoughts directly so that they dissolve.

Telling ourselves different stories about a topic is only useful if we use the new story as a goal and RELEASE on everything thought and feeling that stands in the way of our accomplishing the goal. If we just tell ourselves different stories we again are just suppressing or distracting and again, neither is really very useful.
              True. I think the things I was afraid of is that Abraham says that if we focus on resistance, we'll get more resistance. TSM seems to be a lot of focusing on that, though it is for the purpose of releasing it. But what you're saying makes a lot of sense.

The only other thing I would say about the A-H teaching is that it says that if we are't getting the results we want we aren't wanting it enough. Remember that in TSM wanting is really lacking. So wanting something more with releasing on the want, welcoming it so that it fully releases is really just reinforcing the lacking feeling.

Lastly, remember that it is important to feel hootlessness through releasing. That means that we are feeling just fine whether we get the goal or we don't. It is in that place of hootlessness that we experience real freedom. When we feel completely free we are able to have clarity about the goal. We discover if the goal is in fact our goal and if it has real value for us. And if we find the need to take any action steps towards accomplishing that goal we can do so with ease. Often what stands in the way of our having a goal is resistance to certain action steps. When we let go of resistance to those actions steps then things often open up for us.

Best,
              Delilah

Though Abraham does say that our primary focus should be on feeling good, even without the goal, so there is a bit of that present there as well. Just different terminology is used.

But I have a question about something you said. You said:

So wanting something more with releasing on the want, welcoming it so that it fully releases is really just reinforcing the lacking feeling.
              Are you saying that welcoming the want and releasing it is reinforcing the lacking feeling? Or am I misreading your statement? Because I thought that's exactly what we're doing.

Comment

Hi devbanana!

Just corrected my typo!! Thanks for following up so that I don't confuse people.

Meant to write "So wanting something more withOUT releasing on the want, welcoming it so that it fully releases, is really just reinforcing the lacking feeling."

Welcome the wanting feeling so that it turns from wanting=lacks into delicious flow.

Hope this clears things up,
                Delilah
                www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thanks Delilah, I figured it was something like that.

I just realized something as I've been releasing. It sounds silly because I know it's something I've read a thousand times in The Sedona Method, but I'm seeing it for myself a bit more.

It's that all our goals, and really all of our experiences, are just helping us to clear the way to Freedom. I finally understood that question, can I want freedom more than I want anything else?

Before I got "no" for anything regarding my goals. I want money more, I want success more, I want a thriving business more.

But that's pointless, firstly because these things can only happen because of Freedom, not instead of. And secondly because all of that is just stories, and I can't manipulate the stories enough to be happy permanently. The stories have to be dissolved.

And all of this with working with goals is just to knock down the pillars holding up that wanting.

Is it possible to have a goal and not desire, or to simply choose to pursue a goal without wanting? I'm sure it is but it's hard to imagine. I'm working at that.

Again this seems trite because I've read it so many times before. But I'm finally experiencing it for myself I think.

Comment

Hi devbanana!

It's not trite at all. This is the way we learn and grow, step by step, layer by layer.

What happens when we are free is that we will still have preferences but they will not lock us down and limit us. What I mean is that we still may prefer to have,do or be something or anything, When we've dissolved all the internal controversies around those things we become more flexible, optimally responsive, newly creative, far more courageous, and unambiguously open to having, doing, or being those things.

Great insight! Thanks for sharing your process,
                    Delilah
                    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
                    X