Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between giving up and releasing

Hello,

Just had a thought that won't go away, perhaps I should release on that! I was hoping someone could please help me with.

What is the difference between indifference to something and wanting something so much that you have to release over and over before you have it? For example, if I really want more cash or a relationship or a newer car, but I don't get it is it 1) because I don't really want it or 2) I have such massive resistance to it not showing up, it doesn't. So basically as it could be more than one reason for something NOT showing up (indifference, not releasing, bad timing) no matter how much releasing you do will make a difference. Because nothing will show up! I hope this makes sense...

Of course I want things, but if I've waited a really long time you think you'll never get them so by that time some people can give up so is giving up a form of releasing too? If so, I've given up so many times, but things stay the same. As in I don't get what I want!!

You shouldnt give up anything, that is just surpressing your desires and pretending you don't have them.

Indifference to something CAN be either apathy (people act indiffirent to things because they can't have it, so it's a coping mechanism "Oh, I didn't want that anyways") or true hootlessness, which is a place where you know you can have it, you just really don't care.

If you really really want something, you're holding it away. I'll give you an example: In school, there always seemed to be the cool kids and then other kids who wanted to be part of the cool kids.

The cool kids had the friends, relationships, dates, etc. It was just a normal part of life for them. They felt they already had it, they weren't into wanting it, it was normal for them. While the not so cool kids just WANTED it, they wanted to be part of the cool kids so badly, they wanted their approval, wanted to control their perception. And when you're wanting (lacking) something, you are holding yourself away from having. So while the not so cool kids were into wanting, they placed the cool kids on such a pedestal that they were acting in ways that the cool kids didn't want to be around (neediness).

Now, if you really want something, you are holding in mind "I don't have it", blocking yourself from seeing all the opportunities where it could come from or the action steps you could take to go and get it, it's like a pair of blinding glasses, where it seems impossible to get what you want. When you let go of the wanting feeling in your body, you are holding in mind "I have it", so you are dropping those glasses, and now that you are open to having instead of wanting, you will be open to all the opportunities of how you can have it in your life.

Let's say you are at home and you decide to have a glass of water. What happens? You think "Oh, well let's go to the kitchen and have a glass of water" You don't ponder over how you can get it or why you can't have it or why your are a victim for not being able to get water. There are not stories of limitation, that's the difference between a feeling of wanting and having something.

People who give up often just want something so bad, that they continuously hold it away and when they can't seem to get it, they just pretend to not care anymore, but subconsciously they still do. For example the kids in school :"Oh I don't like them anyways, I don't want to be around them". That's what giving up is.

So it's never about giving up your goals, but just releasing every feeling to the contrary, aka the lacking feelings. So you go from a place of "I want it, but..." to "I can have it" or "I have it"

Again, the main part is: You are not supposed to give up and surpress your wants or desires but let them go and allow yourself to have them.

Here's the difference:

Giving Up:
    Goal: I want that new car
    Mind: I can't have it because of x, I don't have enough money, this is stupid, there's no point, I'll give up.

-> In the end you "give up" but you still want that car

Releasing
    Goal: I allow myself to have that new car now.
    Mind: brings up all the reasons you can't have it (lack it), you let them go. Then your thinking changes to: "I can have this car". And it's not just positive thinking or forcing, it's a deep knowing that you have it or can have it, like that glass of water in your kitchen. And then you'll be in a place where you can get it.

-> You release all the lacking feelings to move up to a place where you can have.
    Last edited by PeterSch; 09-12-2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks for replying.

I understand. You make perfect sense. I think I do give up, mostly through apathy, because deep down I still really want what I want I just pretend not to care because I can't get what I want.

I do release, but I still can't get to the place of where my thinking changes all the way from 'I can't have xyz because xyz' to 'I can have xyz'. I have wants I've wanted for literally years so that might be my problem. Also, it's so much harder believing you can have something you've never ever had before.

Comment

Hi LisaG!

Giving up isn't letting go.

You're kind of on the right track about having things we want and resistance.

Resistance to having can be an obstacle. Also, and no one ever really likes when I write this or say this, resistance to taking action steps can also be an obstacle. Resistance to anything is resistance to everything. With regards to action steps, remember that letting go is an internal process. So letting go to take actions steps doesn't mean we MUST actually take those steps. Letting go of resistance to anything doesn't mean we MUST do anything. It just leads to us being more in flow. Being more in flow internally leads to all sorts of positive things externally. And yes, we might find that we take actions steps that we otherwise would have and that can lead to different outcomes.

So the answer is to keep letting go because any releasing on resistance is always a good thing.

Warmly,
        Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thanks Delilah.

Do you think the longer you've had resistance would mean it needs to be let go of in a different way?

Also, what happens when you have no choice, for example, when an athlete gets to old to achieve what they wanted say. Can they then just accept where they are and that their career will go no further? Would that be considered a form of releasing too?

Comment

Hi LisaG!

I personally think the word acceptance is completely misunderstood. A lot of folks think of acceptance as submitting or surrendering or resigning or giving up. Acceptance from the perspective of a so called higher frequency energy state is a state of imperturbability. It is not a state of limitation. Hypothetical questions are not of any use when exploring our own processes. Change in bodymind, in age, in interests, in opportunity, in purpose, in direction, in ability, in competence are all inevitable in life. That means that ones career, no matter what it is, will change too. Releasing allows us to keep changing with all the changes and it also allows us to experience the infinite possibilities that come along with change. Letting go of wanting to figure things out can allow us to see what is actually right here, right now, let go of any attachments or aversions to the present moment and to be fully open, to accept and receive the perfection of each moment as it appears right here and right now.

Warmly,
            Delilah
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thanks Delilah.

But I am an athlete... only kidding. I didn't want to talk about my own problems on the forum. I can do the releasing. I am changing inside it's just not reflecting outside yet. I guess some of the answers to the questions I have just go over my head! So I'm going to let go of wanting to figure things out, for now, and will keep releasing instead

Comment

Working...
              X