• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timo
    started a topic Teachers of non-duality

Teachers of non-duality

Hale,
    There are so many teachers of non-duality around. Do you have any recommendations for a few that are really good?

Tim

• higander
    replied
    I fully agree with mkhamster above who says: "I have found that by seeing for yourself what non duality teachers are pointing at (i.e. who you really are ), it is no longer necessary to release anything, full stop."

I have found a teacher who will walk you through how you can see for yourself who you really are, and it has truly been the end of seeking for me.

His name is Salvadore Poe and he has a book out titled "Liberation IS" as well as a youtube channel in his name.

A good place to start might be his interview on Buddha at the Gas Pump.

I am back here at the forum in hopes that I might share this possibility of lasting relief and trust in myself and life that I have experienced. Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!
    Last edited by higander; 12-21-2016, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Woods
    replied
    Originally posted by pixie View Post
    This will not work....

To ask others about a choice of a teacher is a trick your ego skillfully orchestrated to keep you in bondage. Release, and keep releasing; it is as much advaita as you can get without the mental-intellectual buzz of the hijacked idea of not two ... when ready the teacher (if you still need any outer guru instead of the Holy Spirit inside yourself) will appear.
    Pixie, you are right - but here is the way a teacher (or similar) might appear. the website Conscious TV - Homepage is great, as you can look at a plethora of different interviews and follow those which resonate with you. Another, and in my mind the clearest and most simple way, is a guy called Bentinho Massaro. His web site is Free Awareness. I have also found it helpful to call this all "oneness" instead of non-dualiaty as the "non" part is not really interpreted my the mind (as Hale has said many times) which means we can get stuck with the duality part of it instead of thinking oneness.

Leave a comment:

• muman
    replied
    David Bingham here in England is in my opinion one of the best out there and can be seen on conscious tv under non duality.
    Last edited by muman; 06-08-2011, 03:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mkhamster
    replied
    How could I forget Jac OKeefe from Ireland - she is fantastic .
    Here are non duality websites that i found helpful
    Conscious TV - Homepage
    www.urbangurucafe.com
    Never Not Here | Last place you'd ever look, standing right on top of it?

Leave a comment:

• mkhamster
    replied
    I have found that by seeing for yourself what non duality teachers are pointing at (i.e. who you really are ) , it it no longer necessary to release anything , full stop.

Leave a comment:

• mkhamster
    replied
    There are many good ones around & I found them thru links by going on Bob Adamson's website . Go to urbanguru cafe and Never not here , conscioustv ,and Scott Kiloby's website ( sorry can't remember the links ) to listen to podcasts and watch videos of non-duality teachers - that's where I found tons of good ones . Meanwhile here is a list of teachers i still listen to regularly on podcasts and read material from :
    USA John Wheeler , Charlie Hayes , Scott Kiloby , Wayne Liquorman , Joan Toliffson
    UK & Europe Leo Hartong , Unmani , Mandi Solk , Jeff Foster , Tony Parsons , Rupert Spira
    Australia Bob Adamson , Gilbert Schultz ( who runs urban guru cafe )

Leave a comment:

• pixie
    replied
    This will not work....

To ask others about a choice of a teacher is a trick your ego skillfully orchestrated to keep you in bondage. Release, and keep releasing; it is as much advaita as you can get without the mental-intellectual buzz of the hijacked idea of not two ... when ready the teacher (if you still need any outer guru instead of the Holy Spirit inside yourself) will appear.

Leave a comment:

• Hotsauce
    replied
    Dr. David R. Hawkins, Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatta Maharaj, Huang Po (maybe)

Leave a comment:

• coseyfan
    replied
    I am especially interested in Jeff Foster. I go to his meetings in London and really resonate with his message. He talks about all the traps that the mind tries to keep us thinking that this moment is not enough (including the mind trying to claim a state of non-duality) He talks about how whatever the search is, its the same search to try to find home but we never left home in the first place. He talks about how life is already complete but how we wait to complete ourselves in the future. There is nothing to wait for life is the miracle, there was always oneness and we can see that even within the suffering. Nothing needs to be denied . Check out his website Jeff Foster - Life Without A Centre. Spiritual Awakening, Nonduality, Oneness demystified. You can also follow him on facebook.

Leave a comment:

• Clarie van de Langenberg
    replied
    Hi Tim,

my favourites are Eckhart Tolle, Adyashanti, Robert Adams and Ramana Maharshi.

enjoy,
    Clarie

Leave a comment:

• Coach Jan
    replied
    I find there are quite a few amazing people out there. I LOVE Nathan Gill. Right now I'm reading a book by Jan Kersschot ("Nobody Home"), which is great, too.

I heard Hale mention Sailor Bob Adamson and Robert Adams. So did my friend Milan in the post before. I find that Sailor Bob is very clear, while Robert Adams (I guess Milan confused him with Douglas Adams, author of "The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy" ) seems a bit more old fashioned in his language.

Leave a comment:

• Milan Slunecko
    replied
    Hi Tim,

I would recommend anything from Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatta Maharaj, Sailor Bob Adamson and Robert Adams.

Cheers
    Milan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X