Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release On The Three Root Wants

Hello Group,

I thought this would be an interesting discussion and advanced technique. Obviously one should release on specific items that pop up during the day, however in Sedona we are taught to identify a feeling as based in wanting security, control, or approval. All feelings come from at least one of these underlying wants and that by releasing on wanting (desiring/needing/etc) we are releasing on that item's root cause and releasing chucks of other emotions and resistance.

This leads me to believe that focusing on releasing the overall desire/want/need of security, control, and approval would be very powerful. In "The Sedona Method" book there is a drawing with security as the tap root of the emotional tree. When you think about it control and approval are really forms of security and thus it makes sense for security to be the overall tap root. This leads me to further believe security is the most important as it is the most basic and primal. We all want security.

So following this line of reasoning this leads me to why vs wise. We should forget about the why's and go for the wise. So who needs to drag up or uncover all the bits of resistance? Sure, as stated, release on those items that do show up but why go looking for specific items?

Why not release on the whole idea of wanting security, control, and approval in the first place?

If one can truly surrender to wanting any security, control, and approval in life you should be in the flow.

Comments? Thoughts?

Don't all speak at once.

Comment

Hi Jeremy,

Hale has sometimes had us do direct releases on the root wants, and of course they are all concepts, just like "you" or "me." It sounds like a great idea to release on the premise that there
      are wants. As for wanting security, to me that's the ultimate want because it's a futile attempt to resist death. That's coming from an Irish person, and we have a history of joking about that subject.

Comment

That is good know and I figured as much. I have done a lot of releasing on just the wants themselves without any specific thoughts. Of course I have released on items that come up but figured releasing on the wants themselves would be powerful.

I personally have no fear of death. Now I do have some concern of the method of death. For example passing away in my sleep no problem but being burned alive not so fine. The only thing about being dead is the strange feeling of not being present the next day, but again death in and of itself isn't a problem for me. In fact in many ways it is a great relief.

Death is the trump card over life and its related baggage. In death you are freed from all feelings, pain, and issues. I find that extremely confronting. If anything I identify far more with death than life and, so unlike many people, I have no problem acknowledging it is the end game for our mortal selves. Thus I am able to welcome death, which is problem most people seem to avoid.

Comment

Hi Jeremy,

I guess the key is in the phrase " truly surrender". I find there are levels of surrender and our minds are very good at deluding us that something has been let go of only to be triggered again the next day ( The nice thing about having a body on this planet is you get honest feedback). Releasing on the identities that want security,control, approval and separateness is also useful at times in my experience. Dragging up and uncovering all the bits of resistance saves time as life is going to drag them up anyway eventually until the person I think I am is truly surrendered. Have found mastersofuniverse.net to have some productive approachs along these lines.

Manfred

Comment

I agree, Manfred. The mind can and does play tricks on us until we truly learn to no longer identify with it. The mind has its uses but I agree that continuing inner peace comes when we learn to quiet the mind. The more often the mind is quiet, except when needed, the greater oneness we are with the power inside us. I personally spend time releasing on the basic wants. It seems to clear out chucks of garbage. I know I am so much further along than when I started.

Comment

Great thread here folks,

The reason there are different kinds of releases is because the mind goes to sleep when it is addressed the same way all the time. The wants are just one of many ways to let go. In truth Solaris, we could just ask ourselves if we could let go of everything completely right now and that would cover it all...wouldn't it? In fact see what it feels like when you ask that of yourself? That question can be the right question in any given moment as can all the other releasing questions. But sometimes one question doesn't do it for us. We need to entice the bodymind in another way when that happens.

Here's another interesting question..Can you find the one that wants anything?

Best,
              Delilah
              www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hello Delilah. Thanks for the reply. I do understand there are many different techniques because the mind can get bored. Plus different people like different techniques. Lester, himself, said he released great chucks by simply saying, "I am not this. Finished. Done. Period. That's it!" I however modified this as it has been said the subconscious can't see the not. So my version is, "I let it go. I release it. Finished, Done. Period. That's it!" The same is true with goals I phrase things to avoid not's and no's.

Eckhart Tolle says simply paying attention to the mind is all that is required [to release]. In performing that method there is nothing for the mind to get used to as you, the I am aware, are simply "watching" it. I agree this is very powerful but happen to think Sedona Method releasing is an added tool. I believe Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now" is the why and Sedona is the how-to.

I have also thought about and done what you have suggested. I have focused on releasing ALL wants, ALL desires, ALL fear, ALL anger, ALL everything, etc. I do believe this helps greatly as it isn't necessary to find every little bit that is blocking peace and one's goals. Sure release on what bubbles up but I believe "attacking" the root of the problem is best. You don't kill a weed by chopping off the top you kill it by neutralizing the root.

Also releasing doesn't require understanding of why? That is a mind game.

Comment

Hi Jeremy,

Is there a problem here right now?

Can you point to a weed that needs killing right now?

What is actually here right now?

-D
                  www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Oh there are a few weeds I can point to in the yard. Roundup works well and it kills the root so the weed can't come back. We keep releasing so that something is eventually gone. Thus my comparison for going after the root.

Comment

Roundup is Monsanto earth poison. Its like trying to solve your problem with pharmaceutical drugs. Releasing is pulling it out yourself or better yet realizing "There is no weed"

Comment

hello, i have a quick question.

hale mentioned that once a desire or want is released, its gone and its done.

so say you release on wanting security, which is the root of approval and control. if you released it, then by theory you should be utterly free of it.

once you have let go of the fear of death, what comes to my mind is complete freedom from it.

why then this is not usually the case? are these wants more layered and cant be released just once? or is the mind recreating it?

is identification with the ego the ultimate cause of all these wants and that only the realization that you are not the ego will once and for all free you?

Comment

In my experience negativity is layered, you get only so much to release according to your level of consciousness and degree of willingness.

All the sages seem to say the same thing that it's the identification with the ego that brings about all these wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayners View Post
                            hello, i have a quick question.

hale mentioned that once a desire or want is released, its gone and its done.

so say you release on wanting security, which is the root of approval and control. if you released it, then by theory you should be utterly free of it.

once you have let go of the fear of death, what comes to my mind is complete freedom from it.

why then this is not usually the case? are these wants more layered and cant be released just once? or is the mind recreating it?

is identification with the ego the ultimate cause of all these wants and that only the realization that you are not the ego will once and for all free you?
                            Hi Wayne!

Every time we release that layer is gone and done with. If something looks like it's reappearing it isn't. We are just going deeper.

Best,
                            Delilah
                            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by radical View Post
                              In my experience negativity is layered, you get only so much to release according to your level of consciousness and degree of willingness.

All the sages seem to say the same thing that it's the identification with the ego that brings about all these wants.
                              Hi radical!

Could you let go of wanting to have a level of consciousness and degree of willingness?

Could you let go of wanting someone else to determine what is possible for you? Or what is possible for anyone for that matter?

These ideas are the stuff of identification too...So can you let go of wanting to identify with any explanation of what or who you are or anyone else is?

Best,
                              Delilah
                              Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 10-07-2013, 11:56 AM.
                              www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
                              X