Releasing with children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Releasing with children

The Sedona Method has been so helpful for me, I dreamed of sharing it with my children. You see Lori who is 7 and Eddie 3 have been through a lot. After my husband and I divorced the children began to experience lots of anxiety which manifested in multiple ways. Lori experienced nightmares and difficulty sleeping, and her schoolwork suffered . So I spent some time trying to figure out how to change the wording so that it could be used for children and after many nights I found it. Using the image of a balloon that Lori and Eddie could connect to the feeling they were experiencing proved to be a wonderful tool for them. I would sit on the edge of the bed in the middle of the night and ask Lori what feeling was here and she would tell me “mommy I am scared,” and then we would pick a balloon to match the feeling. Sometimes a red balloon, sometimes yellow and sometimes blue. I would then ask her to hold the balloon really close, hold the feeling really close and then push the balloon away and try to get rid of it. We would go back and forth between holding it close and pushing it away until eventually we would let it go and watch it float up and away taking with it the anxiety and fear and allowing Lori to relax and fall asleep.

On the other hand Eddie, a very expressive child, began having tantrums and crying spells. So would use it in a different way. When Eddie was in the middle of a stressful moment I would put on a recording of my voice using the balloon release to help him relax . One day as we were driving home from school and Eddie was crying I pressed play on my CD player and in about 3 minutes he had calmed down and was smiling again. At that moment Lori turned to me and said
    “Mommy, what did you put in there?
    And I said "what do you mean?"
    "Is there magic in there because every time you put that CD in everyone gets calm and relaxes."

For more information on releasing with your children please contact me at [email protected].
    Last edited by esther azar; 09-05-2010, 06:57 PM.
    www.estherazar.com
    ...but I am in the hands of the universe these days so there is nothing to concern myself with...

www.releasetheballoon.com
    Enabling children to let go of anxiety and fear and replace them with love and acceptance.

Hi Ester,

Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience of releasing with your children. It's so simple and effortlessly supports their natural ability to let go.

I also like the analogy of feelings having as much substance as a soap bubble. Blowing bubbles and popping them is also a fun way to visually experience releasing with children.......accompanied by laughter!

Wishing you all the best with "Release the Balloon".

Annie
    Annrika James Sedona Method Instructor
    www.sedonareleasingworldwide.com
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi
      I work at a local high school and I thought it would be so cool to start a Let It Go club but I'm not totally sure how I would do this. First I would have to get the administration to sign off on it if it was held at the school but I need to come up with a plan to present to the administration of what this club would be about. The school has done Rachel's Challenge several times but its time to move on from that. If you could give me some suggestions. I'll keep releasing on it. This much I know for sure it could work, I feel in in my heart.
      Thanks Carole

Comment

Dearest Annie,
        Thank you for your kind words, I also love the bubbles and we use it all the time especially with Eddie who doesn't always like to let his balloon go. LOL.
        Lots of love,
        Esther

Dearest Carole,
        That sounds wonderful. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] to discuss it further. Plus I know Annrika has worked with that age group as well and would probably be a wonderful resource for you.

with love and presence,
        Esther
        www.estherazar.com
        ...but I am in the hands of the universe these days so there is nothing to concern myself with...

www.releasetheballoon.com
        Enabling children to let go of anxiety and fear and replace them with love and acceptance.

Comment

Working...
        X