Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question to the people who knew Lester, and what was he like in person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question to the people who knew Lester, and what was he like in person?

Hello all:

I have been releasing for awhile now and have noticed that when I am at work I feel that no one notices me. I work in a busy hospital in an intensive care unit and people talk to me about work related issues, but when things are quiet no one will engage in friendly conversation. I have heard Hale mention that in his first meeting with Lester he noticed that Lester was “unassuming”. My question is when Lester was with people was he the center of attention or was he just there doing his own thing and would talk only when asked a question. Oh yes, I have let go trying to figure it out. I have also seen the Lester videos on You Tube, but was just wondering what the man was like when he was not teaching the Sedona Method.

Thanks

Paul

I'm not sure if this would help and I certainly didn't know Lester and never met him, but I remember he talking about the analogy of a "burnt rope". After he was "free", he was often asked to speak in front of a meeting that he woud attend early on (late 50's) and he would always choose not to due to his fear of public speaking. Then one evening he was asked again and this time, for whatever reason, he stood up and addressed the group. He was surprised that his stage fright was totally missing. He concluded that your past habits are like a burnt rope laying on the ground. It appears to still be a rope until you attempt to pick it up and realize that it is just ash. His point is, your emotional tolerance might be raised quite a bit with this technique but you'll need to challenge your set habits to prove it to yourself.

Once you prove your social concerns are nothing but a "burnt rope", you'll no longer be concerned about quietness of people at work. Being approachable like Lester would be much like the Jesus or Buddha effect, in my opinion. That is to say, you will not seek to be approachable by others, but once others see the wisdom of how you live your life and carry yourself, they will approach you. They will want what you have. Peace.

Comment

Thanks Frnak! you make a lot of sense.

Paul

Comment

You know, Paul, here's something else. At the moment I'm going thru the Beyond Letting Go audio recordings and for each participant that Hale works the 5th way of releasing with, he's sure to ask the question, "Can you welcome any feelings that this is personal?". That's a great question. You can bet that when you're in that room with different people, everyone is interacting with life as if it's personal. But is it? No. Nothing is personal. And when you fully welcome that, layers upon layers of resistance to this exact moment falls away. And once that fully happen's, how can your life not be one of courageousness, acceptance and peace?

Comment

Thank you again for the great response!!! my favoriate quote : "That is to say, you will not seek to be approachable by others, but once others see the wisdom of how you live your life and carry yourself, they will approach you. They will want what you have. Peace"

Paul

Comment

Glad to be of some help.

Comment

Working...
            X