Need a little more help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little more help...

I have been letting go of a lot of anxiety and I came to realize I am a bit paranoid. Not in the sense that I think the CIA is out to get me but in the sense that I think people are going to find something to dislike about me and assume they are thinking badly of me. I just automatically seem to have this feeling whenever I am around people, especially people I don't know or don't know well. I assume I have had it most of my life and stems from bullying in grade school and high school.

Any help would be appreciated in letting go of this automatic sense of fear of disapproval.

Thank you,

John

Let go of wanting approval. You can do wholistic releasing

Could allow myself to want approval as much as I do. Could I allow myself to reject approval as much as I do.

Variations on that

By the way you are describing a line of thinking most of us have at some time in our lives, if not the majority of the time. A paradox is, if I am so busy worrying about what other people are thinking about me I'm not really thinking about them. So it stands to reason they are too busy thinking about themselves really to be judging me.

That aside, I also recommend doing the relationship portion of the Supercourse again.

Alex

Comment

Hi John!

What's interesting about what you have written is that the disapproval that you are wrestling with is likely coming from you! Can you allow yourself to welcome everything you disapprove about yourself? Alex is right when she says that most people aren't thinking about us any where near as much as we think they are. Most people are riddled with and preoccupied with disapproving of themselves! Take your time and let everything you disapprove about yourself to come up. If you can allow it to come up into awareness and keep welcoming it you will begin to notice that it is actually all "stuff" coming up to be released. Really give yourself over to the exercise of unearthing all the things you dislike about yourself and the things you want to change about yourself. Notice where all this material is being experienced in the body. Disapproval is a feeling and we feeling feelings in the body. These sensations that we call feelings are just energy coming up to be released. These negative thoughts about ourselves are not coming up to torment us but are coming up to be released. So can you just let all of that stuff come up so that it can move on through and out of the bodymind? If you allow yourself to drain off the negativity that is coming from your own bodymind you will begin to feel the freedom and pleasure of just being the BEINGNESS that is you.

Best,
      Delilah

- - - Updated - - -

Hi John!

What's interesting about what you have written is that the disapproval that you are wrestling with is likely coming from you! Can you allow yourself to welcome everything you disapprove about yourself? Alex is right when she says that most people aren't thinking about us any where near as much as we think they are. Most people are riddled with and preoccupied with disapproving of themselves! Take your time and let everything you disapprove about yourself to come up. If you can allow it to come up into awareness and keep welcoming it you will begin to notice that it is actually all "stuff" coming up to be released. Really give yourself over to the exercise of unearthing all the things you dislike about yourself and the things you want to change about yourself. Notice where all this material is being experienced in the body. Disapproval is a feeling and we feeling feelings in the body. These sensations that we call feelings are just energy coming up to be released. These negative thoughts about ourselves are not coming up to torment us but are coming up to be released. So can you just let all of that stuff come up so that it can move on through and out of the bodymind? If you allow yourself to drain off the negativity that is coming from your own bodymind you will begin to feel the freedom and pleasure of just being the BEINGNESS that is you.

Best,
      Delilah
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thank you Alex, I will try your suggestions. I think you're right that most people are worried about themselves. Thank you Delilah too... I think your suggestions will help a lot. When I am worry what other people are thinking, those thought probably are coming from my own disapproval and I am sure i can welcome that and let it go.

Comment

Working...
        X