Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting go of Love

Hi everyone,

There's a wonderful woman who I have never been able to get over.
    It's been 6 years and I still wake up in the morning thinking about her.
    She and I were close again this summer for a couple months and then she went back to Europe.
    I'm idealizing but when we are together it's an amazing feeling, we seem so perfect for each other.
    That being said she's beautiful and smart and kind and I'm sure she has guys after her all the time.

I've been releasing on the idea of her using the advantages and disadvantages process and i filled notebooks.
    I do feel like I'm getting to a better place but it's rare that I get above "Desire" or "Frustration".

Does anyone have any experience with something like this?
    I suppose I just keep going…it doesn't seem like I will ever let her go.
    It would be great to hear about a success story where you achieved hootlessness and found your "soulmate."

I figure I need to be more social and meet other people but I really resist taking those actions.
    A benefit of this story is that I know I want to find someone special.
    I have this feeling that it has to be her and that it is but I'm afraid I'm fooling myself to avoid the fear of approaching beautiful women.
    I'm afraid I'm keeping myself lonely by clinging to a dream.
    Any advice would be great.

Happy Sunday.

Aaron

Aaron,

If I were you, I would go to Europe and see her. Because, you will stay where you are at no matter how much release you do.
    Unless you make a move (physically) and see her face to face, you will stay in the realm of "Desire" or "Frustration".
    What you are doing now is similar to this: "You are really really hungry and you NEED to eat.
    You have a menu in your hand delivered by one of your favorite restaurant near by and you are fixated with one of your most favorite dish in this menu (you had this dish 6 years ago and you were totally amazed with it and you can't forget about that experience).
    Then you do the following: You choose to release on this dish (memory of it), your hungry feeling and yourself wanting this dish, feeling of "Desire" or "Frustration", and idea of getting other dish:.......... With this scenario, you will stay where you are and you will never get over your hungry feeling.....

Make a move, that is the only cure.

Comment

Rumio,

I'm surprised by your answer. I was expecting someone to say keep going until you feel hootless about the situation. There is so much out there that I'm not aware of. Maybe the perfect girl/situation will appear today or 6months from now. To be clear the last time i saw her was 2 weeks ago before she went back. That being said I do appreciate the encouragement to follow my heart. I will keep releasing and may go to Europe this coming summer. I am intrigued by the idea of being hootless. And love seems like a powerful emotion to release on.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumio,

I'm surprised by your answer. I was expecting someone to say keep going until you feel hootless about the situation. There is so much out there that I'm not aware of. Maybe the perfect girl/situation will appear today or 6months from now. To be clear the last time i saw her was 2 weeks ago before she went back. That being said I do appreciate the encouragement to follow my heart. I will keep releasing and may go to Europe this coming summer. I am intrigued by the idea of being hootless. And love seems like a powerful emotion to release on.

Comment

Hi Aaron!

Whether you decide to go see her or not keep releasing. Releasing will help you either way.

Hale occasionally talks about how he released and "got the girl"! She is his wife now!

Being hootless means being OK with whatever happens. So keep letting go into flow,

Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Delilah,

Thanks for the encouragement.
          What you wrote rings true and it's nice to hear a hopeful story.
          Continuing to release on "the girl" has to be beneficial because it's such a charged topic.

Aaron

- - - Updated - - -

Delilah,

Thanks for the encouragement.
          What you wrote rings true and it's nice to hear a hopeful story.
          Continuing to release on "the girl" has to be beneficial because it's such a charged topic.

Aaron

Comment

Working...
          X