5th way to release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th way to release

I struggled / gropeed for a while to understand that the 5th way is personally the best way for me to release........
    my process including trying to ............ blah blah blah
    and could I just let this person dissolve?
    I found using the 5th way the unique-ity is the experience ... somehow... gets more alive! donno how to describe it but it is.. and this is the feeling I was experiencing all the way along the releasing process Ive been in in these recent two years, though lot of adversitys.
    www.sedona.com Home of the Sedona Method

I came here today to share my experience with the 5th way and found cyi's post above. Not wanting to create another identical topic I thought I'd take this opportunity to share how it worked so far for me and would like to hear from the others about their experiences too.

I have been enjoying releasing for almost a year and it has been great. I have found that, just as promised, the Sedona Method brings relief, the mind gets clearer and lots of vibrant and pleasant sensations are being uncovered in every moment. I have discovered that it is possible to "release into" courageousness, acceptance and peace and that it feels great. The result feelings of "I can", "it is possible", "it's OK" have renewed my trust that life can be enjoyed and is worth living. In short, I've taken it for checking and have proven to myself that the Sedona Method works.

The 5th way, on the other hand, has felt very different so far.

The experience is interesting. It's quite obvious that the "I" or "me" can not be found in the moment and I can easily confirm this to myself. The effect of stilling the mind is also clear. There is some relief in "there is no doer" too, after all, who wouldn't enjoy letting go of some guilt and resistance. I understand that it only makes sense in the NOW and theorising about it is pointless. It's what happens afterwards though that does not feel so great.

If you ask a child "go find me something I don't know what" and keep rejecting everything that he brings back he may freeze once or twice. But eventually he will cry. And that's what my mind does.

I discovered that the eventual conclusion that "there is no me and maybe there never was" feels very far from the energies of "I am" and "I can". "I can" feels alive, vibrant and willing while "there is no me" feels dead, dark and pointless to me. "If there is no me then what's the point" the mind says as I have no energy to get up from the bed. "Hopeless, helpless, meaningless" as one famous non-duality writer likes to say.

It feels pretty bad and lasts quite a long time. I find myself suddenly dropping from enthusiasm that I had before the exploration to grief and apathy and staying there for some time. It's almost like un-releasing: instead of getting clearer and lighter, there are lots of thoughts coming up, lots of wanting to figure it out and the emotions are predominantly grief and apathy. It feels like I am denying the existence of myself and it feels really really bad.

As a very brutal tool for bringing up lots of emotions the exploration of the 5th way works just fine, but it's very different from what I've found the other ways of releasing to be.

It would be really interesting to know if anyone else has had a similar experience.
    Last edited by Vaidas; 09-23-2017, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Hi Vaidas!

Feeling "Hopeless, helpless, meaningless" are just the next feelings coming up to be released. It's actually good that they are coming up to be released. Let them come up so they can release, IOW, welcome them etc. and you will discover that they have been there all the time just waiting for you to let them go!

Best,
      Delilah
      Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 11-11-2017, 08:39 AM.
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
        Hi Vaidas!

Feeling "Hopeless, helpless, meaningless" are just the next feelings coming up to be released. It's actually good that they are coming up to be released. Let them come up so they can release, IOW, welcome them etc. and you will discover that they have been there all the time waiting for you to let them go!

Best,
        Delilah
        Hi Delilah!

Thanks! It is the only thing to do, isn't it? It can not be figured out and pushing these feelings down is not helpful, so the only way is to let go.

To be completely honest it is still a work in progress. I have just started the Sustainable Success course and even more of this has been coming up in the last few days. This is what I just noticed a few moments ago while listening to the audio:

When I allow the possibility that there is only awareness, I become aware there is no one to be successful and therefore noting, including doing that course, makes any sense (to no-one). In this understanding there is no willingness to proceed.

I know this looks like grief/apathy, because I feel powerless and want somebody to save me, so I run to the forum to ask for help. I also know that this will pass too so I just keep releasing.

Thanks for your advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Vaidas View Post
          ...To be completely honest it is still a work in progress. I have just started the Sustainable Success course and even more of this has been coming up in the last few days. This is what I just noticed a few moments ago while listening to the audio:

When I allow the possibility that there is only awareness, I become aware there is no one to be successful and therefore noting, including doing that course, makes any sense (to no-one). In this understanding there is no willingness to proceed.
          It seems to me that your mind (that what wants to believe that it is seperate and likes to keep it that way) is playing a trick with you, to prevent you from going on, because it senses that its days of keeping the believe in seperation alive, are counted .

Have you ever experienced a lucide dream? That you were dreaming and at the same time knew you were dreaming?
          As a metaphor: TSM helps you to gradually 'transform' from being a dreamfigure to being the dreamer. In a lucide dream there is still an 'awareness' of a "I" and the situation it is in but at the same time you know it is a dream. The awareness that it is just a dream only makes that you do not take things seriously, but there still can be joy, happiness, etc.

So does the "I" disappear? Yes and no. The "I" that feels disconnected, insecure, believes that how he/she feels is the result of something outside, etc., that "I" disappears. However, the "I" that enjoys, feels alive,sees/loves others as equal, has an awareness of Being, etc that will continue and grow.

I hope this helps you to go on releasing and be freedom

Comment

Originally posted by Think View Post
            It seems to me that your mind (that what wants to believe that it is seperate and likes to keep it that way) is playing a trick with you, to prevent you from going on, because it senses that its days of keeping the believe in seperation alive, are counted .

Have you ever experienced a lucide dream? That you were dreaming and at the same time knew you were dreaming?
            As a metaphor: TSM helps you to gradually 'transform' from being a dreamfigure to being the dreamer. In a lucide dream there is still an 'awareness' of a "I" and the situation it is in but at the same time you know it is a dream. The awareness that it is just a dream only makes that you do not take things seriously, but there still can be joy, happiness, etc.

So does the "I" disappear? Yes and no. The "I" that feels disconnected, insecure, believes that how he/she feels is the result of something outside, etc., that "I" disappears. However, the "I" that enjoys, feels alive,sees/loves others as equal, has an awareness of Being, etc that will continue and grow.

I hope this helps you to go on releasing and be freedom

Hi Think,

Thanks, this is helpful. I can relate to the dream metaphor and the relative fluidity of reality is something I have experienced.

What does not feel right is that there is this bad guy, "the mind", that is separate from me and is out there to play tricks on us to keep us away from freedom. Unless it's a separate entity with a purpose, why would that be the case?

Comment

What if nothing is separate? And the only thing that creates separation is us holding on to the idea that there is separation?

Alex

Comment

Alex, yes, it is becoming more and more obvious.

By the way, ironically, I have to thank Hale's and Lester's teachings for introducing me to the concept of separation. I was unaware of such thing before, even though I was acting (and still am) as if I was separate. Go figure.

Comment

More confusion came up after yesterday's support teleconference with lots of 5th way. There were examples showing that there is no me or others, but also suggestions to love myself.

How can I love myself if there is no me?

In another instance, Hale led a participant through the 5th way showing that there is no him/her and no others to give love to, and in the same sentence proceeded to say that 7 billion other people have the same problem (whatever the problem was).

Can I let go of trying to understand this? Honestly? No.

It's a shame Hale hasn't posted here in a while, it would be interesting to hear his comments.

Comment

Hi Vaidas!

Often when Hale does an introduction to a week long retreat he will explain that he will contradict himself. In fact we all do this. The reason Hale does this at the beginning of a retreat is because when we look at things from different perspectives, which is what we do during the week long retreat, we discover that there are different ways to reach the mind so that we can go beyond the mind.

On the other hand, notice how I shifted perspective, how I flipped it, while there is only "one without an other", there are apparent separate bodyminds (see the contradiction) with unique names, that have all sorts of stories. For instance there is a bodymind called Delilah and there is a bodymind called Vaidas etc, and often bodyminds forget that love or loving is a useful thing to do. We are love itself and yet we often forget that we are. Loving ourselves or even each other is easy when we experience the love that we ourselves are. You can see from my answer that two things that appear to be opposite are in fact simultaneously true. When we release using the holistic process this simultaneity is even more apparent.

Please feel free to ask further questions regarding this if my answer isn't helpful,
                    Delilah
                    Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 11-11-2017, 08:42 AM.
                    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hale did a release last night about the source of all discomfort/longing is the separate self. WOW! My awareness really shifted after that.

Can anyone remember what he did? Sometimes the releases take a while to show up in the library.

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
                        Hi Vaidas!

Often when Hale does an introduction to a week long retreat he will explain that he will contradict himself. In fact we all do this. The reason Hale does this at the beginning of a retreat is because when we look at things from different perspectives, which is what we do during the week long retreat, we discover that there are different ways to reach the mind so that we can go beyond the mind.

On the other hand, notice how I shifted perspective, how I flipped it, while there is only "one without an other", there are apparent separate bodyminds (see the contradiction) with unique names, that have all sorts of stories. for instance there is a bodymind called Delilah and there is a bodymind called Vaidas etc, and often bodyminds forget that love or loving is a useful thing to do. We are love itself and yet we forget that loving ourselves or even each other is highly useful. You can see from my answer that two things that appear to be opposite are in fact simultaneously true. When we release using the holistic process this simultaneity is even more apparent.

Please feel free to ask further questions regarding this if my answer isn't helpful,
                        Delilah
                        Hi Delilah!

I am very grateful for your response and it makes perfect sense. Funny thing is I agree with you. I am happy with contradictions and I can see clearly how two things contradicting to each other can be true at the same time. It is easy to see that we are not separate, that there are different perspectives and almost anybody can verify it with determination and practise.

Have you ever considered though, that trying to find a me in the moment and failing only shows that "I can not find a me", but not that "there is no me"?

Is it the mind running to the conclusion "I could not find a me, therefore there is no me" that then gets tied in knots and causes all the discomfort I was talking about. It certainly seems the case to me as "the mind tied in knots" comes closest to explaining what it feels when that happens.

Comment

Hi Vaidas!

You make a great point. I don't know if I can give you an answer that will satisfy you.

First I'll answer your question. I have considered what you ask and all I can say is that no matter when I check I can not find a me so even when I think there is a me I know it is just an illusion of the moment. If I look more deeply at what is actually here I see through the illusion. As a result I no longer buy into the knots or the discomfort. Let me be clear, it's not that I never feel a knot or discomfort. I am just not impressed with them. I know that they are simply appearing in awareness like bubbles appear in a soda pop drink. They are just bubbling up so they can be released. So at this point I don't hold faith in a me. Oddly, loosing faith in a me allows me to be more me than ever. It allows me to be the better and better and best versions of me. In other words it allows me to be completely free.

Best,
                          Delilah

www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi Delilah,

I can definitely see how it can be liberating! The thing I've noticed though, is that the exercise of finding a you is designed to reject whatever you find and, remember, we don't even know what we are looking for in the first place so there is only one answer we can ever come to. The fact that there is someone (some-body or some-thing) to go looking for it, should be enough to question the result.

Same as knots, bubbles popping, "there is only love", emotions being on the surface - it only works if you reject every single time you've experienced the opposite, and we've all had lots of that. We've been taught, usefully, to let these experiences go. And we've made that choice, to see it this way, but whatever the opposite may be is true just the same, as long as you choose to see it too.

Which then shows, supporting what you said in an earlier post, that there is nothing wrong with all perspectives being true at the same time. We are free to chose "there is a me" and "there is no me" moment to moment and be happy with both.

In my opinion it is important not confuse the moment to moment experience with stories, that we then get used to believing in. This includes the most beautiful ones: there-is-no-me, there is only love, an the story of non-separation.

p.s. I am probably not making it clear enough but you really helped me to find the answers that I was looking for, thanks a lot!
                            Last edited by Vaidas; 11-11-2017, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Hi Vaidas!

When I explore the 5th way processes I am not rejecting. Neither am I accepting. I am just looking deeper at what is ACTUALLY here. Yes, the fact that we don't know what we are looking for is what makes the 5th way so effective. The mind gets to take a vacation. The body takes a vacation. Vacations allow resting, refreshing, realizing, recognizing all that we look away from when we are functioning in the world.

You wrote; "The fact that there is someone (some-body or some-thing) to go looking for it, should be enough to question the result."
                              What result are you questioning? And why are you questioning? If you are questioning the freedom that comes from seeing through the illusion of a me in the moment that the me falls away then you have not noticed what is actually here right now. Or you have noticed but you don't think it is as important or as valuable as the chatter of the mind or the the sensations of the body or whatever you remember about anything.

If you want to talk about love and it's opposite that's fine. The fact is that we already do that all day long. I can do that with you as much as you like. I even enjoy doing that often enough. However it is never as satisfying as letting go. Have you heard Hale say "The mind tells us that we will get from holding on what we will get from letting go"? It's true. But don't take my word for it. As Lester says, "Take it for checking." I think that you might be mistaking the method, which is really simply an internal process, for something other than it is. Is there hatred? Of course. Even in releasing we discover lots of hatred and we welcome it, we allow it to come up. And what happens when we do that fully and completely? It releases. Welcoming is the best way to see through the illusion of hate. If you feel hate, just welcome it, keep welcoming it, don't use any other process but welcoming and see what happens. If you don't stop before it completely dissolves then you see through direct experience that it is illusory. The only thing that is real is love because no matter how much you welcome love it never dissolves, it simply increases and expands and erases everything else that isn't real.

Yes, of course, we can always choose to only see the me in any given moment. In fact it's necessary at times. If my husband asks me to help him with something and I look at him blankly and tell him, "Well, I can't because there is no me", what would that do? What does accomplish? Nothing. That's just silly. What does happen is that I am able to show up to things like helping my husband with out trotting out the old stories about what has happened every time in the past that I helped my husband and what happened, what he did, what I did, what I want him to do now, what I don't want to do now, etc. I now experience helping him in a new and very pleasant, even joyful way. No one is asking you to stop participating in the world as Vaidas. No one is even asking you to release. We are just sharing what can happen when we release identification with me and the story of me. Releasing identification with the me and the story of me doesn't mean you can never access it again.

You wrote: "In my opinion it is important not confuse the moment to moment experience with stories, that we then get used to believing in. This includes the most beautiful ones: there-is-no-me, there is only love, an the story of non-separation."
                              Are you confused? I am not asking this to be a jerk. I am simply asking whose confusion you are worried about. I don't loose sight of the world just because I can see through worldly illusions. I don't even loose sight of the bodymind called Delilah. I still function in the world with out confusion even though I can see through the illusions. Releasing isn't a psychic lobotomy. I can always access memories both lovely and ugly when I choose to. So whose confusion are you speaking to? And confusion about what?

You wrote: "p.s. I am probably not making it clear enough but you really helped me to find the answers that I was looking for, thanks a lot!"
                              It is hard sometimes to talk about our questions and experiences as they come when we explore releasing. It can even be frustrating. I am not trying to be a smartass when answering your questions. It's just that I have had the same questions, we all have. And I have encountered hundreds of people asking the same questions and the answer is always the same. We don't become more confused when we see through the illusory. We become clearer. We don't become lesser versions of ourselves. We become more fully ourselves in that we experience our infinitude. That is not to say that we become delusional. I don't have the delusion that I can fly. But I do have a very real experience of soaring.

Warmly,
                              Delilah
                              Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 11-11-2017, 06:52 AM.
                              www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
                              X