Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re. goal statements with dates

Hi,

as a general rule I appreciate that it’s not considered to be a good idea to have dates in your goal statements as this can result in “permission to delay” as it were, but what about situations where there is a deadline – for example company sales quarters or years?
    In this case, it is important to achieve certain targets by specific dates otherwise you’re into the next cycle.
    For example, my goal statement as it currently stands is:

I allow myself to easily earn over £AMOUNT by the end of December 2016

Where the amount is my remaining target amount and the date is the date by which I have to hit the target amount to make my numbers for the year.

Is there a better way to structure this statement?
    I feel like I'm releasing on the goal fine, but in between releases, this question regarding a specific date keeps popping up in my mind. I have tried to release on wanting to figure it out, but it still keeps popping up!

BTW, I've tried "as soon as possible" instead of a specific date, but that doesn't feel natural and it seems that gives me permission to delay forever!

Thanks for any pointers on the specific question about dates and the statement in general.

J
    Last edited by jurny; 11-11-2016, 07:05 AM.

Originally posted by jurny View Post
    Hi,

as a general rule I appreciate that it’s not considered to be a good idea to have dates in your goal statements as this can result in “permission to delay” as it were, but what about situations where there is a deadline – for example company sales quarters or years?
    In this case, it is important to achieve certain targets by specific dates otherwise you’re into the next cycle.
    For example, my goal statement as it currently stands is:

I allow myself to easily earn over £AMOUNT by the end of December 2016

[snip]

J
    How about "I allow myself to earn £AMOUNT or more with ease this quarter"?

That takes the focus off December (the end of the period).
    Susan Seifert
    Certified Sedona Method Coach
    http://www.yoursedonacoach.com
    Register for my Free Sedona Method Support calls

Comment

Thanks Susan - I'll try that!

Appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Susan - I'll try that!

Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...