An Interesting Experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Interesting Experience

I've had a love/hate relationship with releasing. But recently I've been putting it to the test a bit more. I decided to take the live Goals and Resistance course that the Release Technique was offering to see if I could get any better at it.

I've noticed something interesting over the last two weeks. I was feeling fearful and anxious because I was lower on money than usual. I have a well-paying job but all the bills aligned just right that it drained my usual surplus and I was fearful about not having enough to get to my next paycheck.

So I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to release.

One thing really sank in for me: I know Lester said that our minds are creative, so it creates whatever pictures we hold in it whether they're positive or negative. I realized that when I was worrying, I was holding pictures of lack in mind and so creating that, and I was seeing that in my life. So I started releasing that and making more room for pictures of abundance.

It was difficult at first but I felt as the balance shifted to more naturally positive thinking. And as that happened other things started to happen: my business brought in a lot more than anticipated this week, a good friend invited my wife and me out to dinner twice which meant we didn't have to pay for food, and other things just started falling into place.

It's the first time I've really gotten clear results from releasing so quickly. I think the realization about what pictures I hold in mind really helped to know what exactly I was creating and why that was being manifested.

I do have a question though. I find that I do like the way the Release Technique seems to focus more on having our goals, just from what I've seen anyway, but I don't like the method itself so much. I find it very formulaic and repetitive. I like the Sedona Method's way of releasing because there are so many different ways, which helps when I get a bit stuck, and also it feels more natural and fluid.

Has anyone found RT to be too formulaic? Perhaps it's just me or maybe I just have resistance to it, not sure. I'm going to try to mix in some more of TSM's releases as well though.

Oh one other thing I wanted to add to my post.

I just love Lester's story. And I know the biggest thing he did was just turning all non-love feelings into love. So this week I started the practice of asking myself, “Do I love this?”, “this” being whatever I was focusing on in the moment. And if not I just released until I could at the very least be accepting about it, be OK with it being what it was. Loving everything might be a bit far away, but at least accepting it I think is doable. And it's been astonishing how it's transformed my experience of life.

Comment

Hi devbanana!

You wrote:
      "I realized that when I was worrying, I was holding pictures of lack in mind and so creating that, and I was seeing that in my life. So I started releasing that and making more room for pictures of abundance."

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you writing that you were able to let go of lacking feelings and found that it was easier to have positive thoughts once you did that? Because if I do understand correctly, we here at TSM would call that a gain. And if I am understanding you correctly you are in fact beginning to see see how releasing and the LOA actually don't work at cross purposes but can and do work together. In fact releasing enhances the things the LOA talks about. I

The fundamentals of the RT are exactly the same as The Sedona Method. The main difference is how they are presented. Larry Crane is a different persona that Hale Dwoskin so they present the material differently. And the material has evolved through Hale differently that it did through Larry. I love Larry. And obviously I love Hale. Some folks have very strong feelings about either. We don't actually have to choose one way over the other, any more than we have to choose TSM over the LOA. Each can enhance the other if we relax and let go of wanting to do any of it right, correctly, or perfectly.

Warmly,
      Delilah
      theaccordcenter@gmail.com
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong but are you writing that you were able to let go of lacking feelings and found that it was easier to have positive thoughts once you did that? Because if I do understand correctly, we here at TSM would call that a gain. And if I am understanding you correctly you are in fact beginning to see see how releasing and the LOA actually don't work at cross purposes but can and do work together. In fact releasing enhances the things the LOA talks about. I
        Thanks Delilah. Yes that's what I meant. And it took me a while to see that but I'm getting there.

Comment

So glad you're having more success with releasing devbanana!!
          Warmly,
          Delilah
          theaccordcenter@gmail.com
          www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by devbanana View Post
            It was difficult at first but I felt as the balance shifted to more naturally positive thinking. And as that happened other things started to happen: my business brought in a lot more than anticipated this week, a good friend invited my wife and me out to dinner twice which meant we didn't have to pay for food, and other things just started falling into place.
            Thank you for sharing this, devbanana. It really touched something in me to see you having gains that actually manifested in the physical world. At times it was still a challenge for me to see gains that actually happen in the physical world.

Comment

Working...
            X