A knot in my stomach gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A knot in my stomach gone

I have been releasing these holidays on a picture of my grandmom and mum together. The history is that my grandmom died of lung cancer some years ago. My mum as a nurse, was nursing her until her death. The picture is of them after my grandmom got her diagnosis. It's a selfise where they are both smiling together.
    It's a picture that has/had a lot of charge for me. When she died I was in grief for a while, but had to work and was together with my ex gf at that time, so I never really felt I had time enough for grief. After her death I got diagnosed with stomach ulcer and just have been feeling this knot/tension In my stomach. Its has been there on and off since. I tried to massage the knot and a million different things, however nothing really helped.
    So this holiday I have been looking at this picture and welcoming whatever feelings that came up. Actually I have just been crying a lot and allowing the missing feelings etc. To come up and after a while of expression, I have let them go if I felt ready for it.
    in the beginning I focused in my grandmom, then after a while when I felt pretty released, I started to look at my mum. They were both smiling, but I could feel something beneath. When looking carefully I could see fear, sadness in her eyes. (I'm sure she wanted to seem strong for my grandmom at that time, so that's why she smiled.)
    However I found that a lot of strong emotions coming up when focussing on my mum. It was a big surprise for me, because my focus, was to release my feelings in relation to my grandmom. I just kept digging and allowing and releasing and suddenly I could feel a BIG release in my stomach. The tension is fucking gone right now. I feel hungry, something I haven't felt really for a loooong time. I just have some kind of intuition/insight that it's gone now.
    Right now I'm just sitting in the biggest gratitude for knowing this method and for you guys sharing it. Thank you so much.
    Marry Christmas and a happy new year to all.

What a beautiful and wonderful share Henrico! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this. It will support and inspire many.

Warmly,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Henrico,
      I feel inspired by your post. Maybe one day I'll pull out a picture of my mom, who died, and try your wonderful method.
      Best,
      laughter

Comment

Originally posted by laughter View Post
        Henrico,
        I feel inspired by your post. Maybe one day I'll pull out a picture of my mom, who died, and try your wonderful method.
        Best,
        laughter
        Hi Laughter. :-)
        Sad to hear about your mum. But yeah go for it when you feel ready. I found that it took a bit of time and courageousness for me to actually sit down and do it. (Not procrastinating).
        Now i still take time to do it once in a while. Just a small advice. Think about what time would be good for you to do it (before work dont work for me, because if there is more and i dont have enough time, i will carry residues of it into my day. But find what works for you. I did it midday and removed all distractions, lit a candle and shut it down when i was finished). If possible, you can take maybe 1 hour or less at the time and then when the time is up, set it aside and live your life, until next time.
        All the best. :-)

Comment

Working...
        X