writing and releasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• writing and releasing

Does anyone have any thoughts or tips about using writing in conjunction with releasing? I am so stuck right now, sort of. The funny thing is I know I'm not stuck. Yikes. Anyway, when I got this way before seems the only thing that helped was picking up the pen. It has taken sometimes days of resisting writing before I do it. Ugh. Anyway, since I've taken the time to write this, I'll take the time for a release on stuck

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts or tips about using writing in conjunction with releasing? I am so stuck right now, sort of. The funny thing is I know I'm not stuck. Yikes. Anyway, when I got this way before seems the only thing that helped was picking up the pen. It has taken sometimes days of resisting writing before I do it. Ugh. Anyway, since I've taken the time to write this, I'll take the time for a release on stuck
    Hi Jess,

to me it sounds like there is a little shoulding involved, like "I should write!", "I should release!"? So could you let go of shoulding on yourself, just for now?
    Would you?
    When?

Could you love yourself for "feeling stuck, sort of"?

And of course there's step 5 of the Method, page 266 in the SM book!

What about releasing for a specific outcome? Instead, could you allow yourself to release for no reason whatsoever? (One of my favourites )

As far as writing is concerned: Write when you are writing and don't write when you are not writing (I stole that one frome Hale, of course)

Hale sometimes recommends to write a letter to yourself from beingness.

It sounds like you are doing fine, anyway

Jan
    Skype me up - schedule your free session now!

Comment

Hi Pesephone,

What Jan writes here is very useful and helpful...

In answer to your question about combining writing with releasing...it is actually very helpful to combine writing with releasing. Writing while releasing can support the advantages and disadvantages process as well as releasing on goals and other ways as well.

Also, could you welcome the ugh? Could you let the ugh be here as much as it is right now?

And lastly, could you go a little deeper and see what is here right now?

Is resistance here now?

If yes, could you allow yourself to notice the experience you are labeling resistance? Could you allow all the thoughts, feelings, sensations, and images that you are calling resistance to be here?

Are you wanting to get rid of any of that?

Could you welcome how much you're wanitng to get rid of any of that?

And could you let go of wanting to get rid of that?

Would you?

When?

Would it be OK if that all just dissolved?

Thanks so much for sharing on this website Persephone. You are supporting all of our process by sharing the way that you have been.

Best,
      Delilah
      Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 08-31-2010, 07:06 AM.
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thank you Jan and Delilah. That was fantastic!

Comment

Working...
        X