Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to release on fear of public speaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to release on fear of public speaking?

Hi all,

For many years I've had a fear of public speaking, giving presentations at work etc. The very thought of getting up in front of a bunch of people scares me to the point that my heart pounds in my chest, I feel the adrenaline flow, I get very nervous and it is a very, very unpleasant sensation.

I have been asked to appear on a TV program in about two weeks to talk about photography. This is a great opportunity for me to get publicity for my images and my photography in general, however the fear is coming back tenfold every time I think about it and it terrifies me.

I have been releasing on this for several weeks. I though I was getting somewhere, but the closer the day comes for the filming the more terrified I become. My mind is now trying to think up excuses not do the TV spot.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Highlander43,

congratulations with your opportunity!

Some questions to use:

Could you allow yourself to be as terrified as you are right now
    can you welcome any aversion/repulsion and attatchment to that
    and welcome any want to move /run away from that or push it away
    and also welcome any sense this is personal or about you...

repeat this triple welcoming with everything else that comes up until you feel quiet.

If you have memories about public speaking you might want to release on those as well.

And helpful questions are:
    could you welcome wanting to know what's going to happen? Could you notice the feel of that?
    could you welcome your plans to caus trouble for yourself?
    what is it you are afraid of that might happen?
    could you let go of wanting or expecting .... to happen?

could you imagine the tv spot is already done? what comes up for you?

Or ask one of the coaches for a complimentary session - see the coaches directory.

All the best,

Clarie
    sigpic
    Clarie van de Langenberg --- Sedona Method® Certified Coach
    E-mail: [email protected] - http://www.sedona-methode-coaching.nl
    Sedona Methode Nederland - Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...690791391&ap=1
    Reconnect Yourself - Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/ReconnectYourself
    Official Sedona Method websites: http://www.sedona.com - http://www.lettinggo.tv

Comment

Hello Brian,

These tips of Clarie's are all great for releasing the emotionality attached to the whole topic; the memories and beliefs about public speaking. Please explore and release this first. It is also helpful to word a goal or intention for yourself regarding the TV appearance:
      i.e: "I allow myself to enjoy sharing my photography, or skills with others, with fun and ease." or "I allow everyone to enjoy and benefit from my presentation." Follow through by doing theTriple Welcoming process on the goal. This takes both the "seriousness" out of it, and the attention off yourself; freeing you to be there for them by sharing your experience and expertise in this field.
      An excellent process to "prepare" yourself immediately prior to the event, is a Holistic release: "Could I welcome the sensation, or butterflies, as best I can?" and then, "Could I welcome the calmness or spaceousness, just below the surface?" This will allow you to relax, be present and simply share your love of photography from your heart.

Allow yourself to have fun with it!

We can all relate, so don't hesitate to reach out and ask for a complimentary session, as Clarie suggested.

Annie
      Last edited by Annrika James; 09-01-2010, 12:28 PM.
      Annrika James Sedona Method Instructor
      www.sedonareleasingworldwide.com
      [email protected]

Comment

Thanks

Thank you both for your replies. I'll do what you both suggest and let you know how I get on!

Comment

Hi Highlander43,

I've just watched this young man talk about losing his fear of public speaking, and found it very inspiring, so maybe you will too.
          Best wishes.
          http://www.sedonamethodcommunity.com...m-anxiety.html

Comment

sorry I'll try again

The link didn't come up on that last post, so I'll try again. If it doesn't work (I'm new to posting on forums) then go to the personal gains thread and watch the video in freedom from anxiety.

http:///www.sedonamethodcommunity.co...m-anxiety.html
            Last edited by Clarie van de Langenberg; 09-02-2010, 04:41 AM. Reason: Repaired the URL

Comment

Hi Highlander43,

Anxiety gets stickier when we are wanting to get rid of it.

First try to go beyond the label "anxiety" and see if you can just allow yourself to just notice the sensations you describe here.

See if you can just allow the sensations to be here.

And then notice if you're wanting to get rid of them.

Could you welcome that?

And now see if you can let go of wanting to get rid of them?

If no, then could you welcome wanting to get rid of them?

See if after welcoming wanting to get rid of them, could you let go of wanting to get rid of them?

Would you if you could?

When?

It might be helpful to get "one on one" live assitance with this. I along with all the coaches on this site offer a first free session. Feel free to contact any of us to have that support.

Delilah
              www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Good to read the responses. Thank you.

Comment

Well I've done it! the TV spot was last week and it went quite well. I was releasing as advised right up to the morning of the shoot and I managed to get the terror down to mild butterflies and slight nervousness. Once it was done I realised that I was bring very silly as it was much easier than I anticipated. (it always is isn't it?) Anyway I still have a lot of releasing to do to be fully released on this and I guess it will take as long as it takes. I'm glad this opportunity came up though, both for my photography and for the releasing. If the TV spot hadn't came up then I wouldn't have released nearly as much as I did. I guess to get really released on something you really need to put yourself into situations that will bring up all the feelings and thoughts.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander43 View Post
                    Well I've done it! the TV spot was last week and it went quite well. I was releasing as advised right up to the morning of the shoot and I managed to get the terror down to mild butterflies and slight nervousness. Once it was done I realised that I was bring very silly as it was much easier than I anticipated. (it always is isn't it?) Anyway I still have a lot of releasing to do to be fully released on this and I guess it will take as long as it takes. I'm glad this opportunity came up though, both for my photography and for the releasing. If the TV spot hadn't came up then I wouldn't have released nearly as much as I did. I guess to get really released on something you really need to put yourself into situations that will bring up all the feelings and thoughts.

Thanks to everyone for their input.
                    That's fantastic Highlander43! Congratulations on that great gain.

Delilah
                    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hey Brian, congratulations!

Yes, as we release and are less identified with past experiences and mind generated assumptions, we can simply focus on what's happening here now.

A common misconception about "freedom" or "enlightenment" is that once we discover the truth of who we are, the mind is always quiet and we'll never have a feeling again!

Instead, what happens as we let go is the mind naturally gets quieter, and more importantly, we are more at peace with whatever is being experienced. Feelings arise and disappear.....which is natural.

Be easy on yourself!

Annie
                      Annrika James Sedona Method Instructor
                      www.sedonareleasingworldwide.com
                      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X