How do I let go of beliefs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I let go of beliefs?

I've come upon a couple of beliefs that have caused me a lot of suffering: 1) My brain is damaged and imbalanced. 2) The universe is a bad and cruel place.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to release on beliefs such as these, or beliefs in general?

Thank you!!!

Cameron

Originally posted by cameronwilliams View Post
    I've come upon a couple of beliefs that have caused me a lot of suffering: 1) My brain is damaged and imbalanced. 2) The universe is a bad and cruel place.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to release on beliefs such as these, or beliefs in general?

Thank you!!!

Cameron
    Hi Cameron,

how would you like a triple welcoming on this?

1) Could you allow yourself to welcome the belief along with all the pictures, sensations and sounds as well as your whole memory of suffering?

2) Could you also welcome any wanting to do something with it - to change it, get rid of it, any attachment or aversion to it?

3) Could you also welcome any sense that it is your belief, your memory of suffering, that all this is personal and about you and who you are?

Optional: Could you let go of wanting to believe that again?
    And just for now: Could you rest as that which needs no belief in order to be?
    Skype me up - schedule your free session now!

Comment

I'm not a coach, just a co-sedonian. But I've had success with Triple Welcoming which Jan describes above. Especially the 3rd question I use repeatedly. After that one Hale suggests: 'Check how it is now'. And then start anew.

Another technique is asking myself (it's from the book, The Sedona Method):
      "Remember how I used to believe I had (this problem)". Repeating it over and over and over again. Slowly, cause every word is important, you have to really get the sense of belief you used to have. When it works, I usually start yawning every time I ask the question! I lost longlasting gloominess with that question.

Another one: Holistic Releasing. My own version with strong beliefs: "I have valid reasons to believe (e.g. the nr.1 or 2 that you mention)" and alternating it with the other polarity.
      The other polarity, in my experience, should be something which is acceptable to you. Which you could honestly utter as the other polarity. One time I had such a strong belief, like your nr 1, that I allowed myself to only do the first part, over and over and over (I mean, dozens and dozens of times), just letting myself (or my mind) know I have valid reasons to believe ... . I actually gained an insight on the problem that time. Ostheopathy or perhaps liquid light frequencies could be helpful, but that is outside of TSM.

You could use some sense of humour: "I have valid reasons to believe the world is so and so" alternating it with e.g. "Thank God, there is some goodness in me" Hahaha, sorry. Or just some tiny thing that is a polarity (an opposite) to the belief. During the process you can make the tiny thing a bit bigger (and bigger).

I like what Hale says somewhere: "The whole universe is saying Yes!". Feel how you react to that, what feeling do you get? Grumble, grumble, grouch, grouch? Then these feelings can be picked for releasing.

I do empathize with you.

Comment

Cameron,
        you might like to play with the idea that 'life is on your side'. Just that.....simply to contemplate that notion, to simply be open to that as a possibility. Your openness and willingness alone is all that is required for a shift to begin.

much warmth

Fiona
        [email protected]

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Amsterdam View Post
            I'm not a coach, just a co-sedonian. But I've had success with Triple Welcoming which Jan describes above. Especially the 3rd question I use repeatedly. After that one Hale suggests: 'Check how it is now'. And then start anew.

Another technique is asking myself (it's from the book, The Sedona Method):
            "Remember how I used to believe I had (this problem)". Repeating it over and over and over again. Slowly, cause every word is important, you have to really get the sense of belief you used to have. When it works, I usually start yawning every time I ask the question! I lost longlasting gloominess with that question.

Another one: Holistic Releasing. My own version with strong beliefs: "I have valid reasons to believe (e.g. the nr.1 or 2 that you mention)" and alternating it with the other polarity.
            The other polarity, in my experience, should be something which is acceptable to you. Which you could honestly utter as the other polarity. One time I had such a strong belief, like your nr 1, that I allowed myself to only do the first part, over and over and over (I mean, dozens and dozens of times), just letting myself (or my mind) know I have valid reasons to believe ... . I actually gained an insight on the problem that time. Ostheopathy or perhaps liquid light frequencies could be helpful, but that is outside of TSM.

You could use some sense of humour: "I have valid reasons to believe the world is so and so" alternating it with e.g. "Thank God, there is some goodness in me" Hahaha, sorry. Or just some tiny thing that is a polarity (an opposite) to the belief. During the process you can make the tiny thing a bit bigger (and bigger).

I like what Hale says somewhere: "The whole universe is saying Yes!". Feel how you react to that, what feeling do you get? Grumble, grumble, grouch, grouch? Then these feelings can be picked for releasing.

I do empathize with you.
            Fabulous post Maria!

Best,
            Delilah
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thanks Maria - great post

Comment

Working...
              X