Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure and lost

Hello,
    I'm currently unemployed and looking hard for work. It's a very stressful time for me. I found out about the Sedona Method when reading Jack Canfield's "Key to Living the Law of Attraction". He suggested the Sedona Method if you had deep rooted negative thoughts that you had a hard time getting rid of (which I certainly have). I purchased the 20 CD set and I'm on the 8th CD. Over all of the exercises I release on the negative thoughts and feelings (fear, worry, depression etc.) I have about my current situation. I just can't seem to get rid of these thoughts and feelings. I find myself wondering if I'm doing it right. How do I know if I'm releasing with my heart rather than my head? Or am I choosing the correct "Want". I find myself choosing "Wanting to Control" because I'm not sure what feelings associate with the other wants. I seem lost right now with the process and I'm hoping someone can help me get on track.

Thanks.

Hello Aron,

It sounds as if you may be being a little hard on yourself, trying to force yourself to get rid of these feelings and thoughts, and that is making it hard to let go.
    A few things it might help to remember:
    You are always releasing as best you can, so even if that’s only just a tiny bit, it’s still a release.
    Trying to ‘figure it out’ is likely to keep you stuck rather than able to release. As best you can, let go of wanting to figure it out - including figuring out if you are doing it right. (I’ve heard or read Hale say that you can’t do it wrong.)

He also says on the CD set you have that if you’re not sure which want any feeling is coming from, just pick one. So choosing ‘Wanting to control' is just fine. I have listened to the Wanting to Control’ track on those CDs over 70 times. One thing I find very helpful nowadays is if I notice myself wanting to control it’s usually to try and avoid a feeling so I allow the feeling instead. By that I mean I take a moment to notice the sensations in my body. This usually helps it to dissolve. (In fact noticing the sensations is - for me anyway - a useful way to know I am releasing with my heart rather than head.)

Hope this is of some help.

Comment

Tips on letting go effortlessly

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Hello,
      I'm currently unemployed and looking hard for work. It's a very stressful time for me. I found out about the Sedona Method when reading Jack Canfield's "Key to Living the Law of Attraction". He suggested the Sedona Method if you had deep rooted negative thoughts that you had a hard time getting rid of (which I certainly have). I purchased the 20 CD set and I'm on the 8th CD. Over all of the exercises I release on the negative thoughts and feelings (fear, worry, depression etc.) I have about my current situation. I just can't seem to get rid of these thoughts and feelings. I find myself wondering if I'm doing it right. How do I know if I'm releasing with my heart rather than my head? Or am I choosing the correct "Want". I find myself choosing "Wanting to Control" because I'm not sure what feelings associate with the other wants. I seem lost right now with the process and I'm hoping someone can help me get on track.

Thanks.
      Hi Aron,

I wrote a blog entry that may be helpful: http://www.sedonamethodcommunity.com...ortlessly.html

It's all really simple, and sometimes that doesn't get communicated so well via the printed word or even via CDs.

You are welcome to join my free support calls. There's one tonight (Jan. 13) and another on Jan. 17. Details are on the Events page of my website: http://www.yoursedonacoach.com.

All the best,

Susan
      Susan Seifert
      Certified Sedona Method Coach
      http://www.yoursedonacoach.com
      Register for my Free Sedona Method Support calls

Comment

Hey,

I think the Sedona Method can appear a bit confusing at first because we live in such an effort driven society. When you select a want I personally find it doesn't matter about getting it right so to speak because you can't get it wrong. Whatever arises is what you release.

NO SECOND GUESSING!!

Now with releasing, that first step is important. To allow and welcome is often misunderstood. Check in the dictionary the meaning of "Welcome" and see how that would apply to something you feel that is uncomfortable.

The other thing is that it can be very good to allow the feelings felt in the body, the knot in the stomach, the dry throat etc etc and in whichever way is best for you allow it to disperse, unravel by visualising that happening.
        Visualising can be visual, body, auditory so go with what is natural for you, no way is wrong.
        Remember to be gentle on yourself, and also that there is no past, it illusionary, past does not exist. every moment is fresh and new.

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions. I think maybe I am being to hard on myself. After thinking about this some more, in the past, if I was in the same position I'm in now and not doing the Sedona Method I'd be much worse off than I am now. So I think the releasing I'm doing is helping. I just have such deep rooted limited thinking that it's going to take time....I just need to be patient.

Susan, I missed your call tonight, but I'm going to do what I can to call in Monday.

Thanks again to all who have posted. I appreciate your willingness to help. I'm glad I found this place.

Oh and Susan, I'm from Iowa as well.

Comment

Thanks for being so honest ,Aron. I can relate to what you are saying about trying too hard to get it right. I also used to be constantly asking "why" and trying to figure it out. Since having one on one coaching I have found it easier to intergrate all that I have learnt on the CDs. It seems that whatever thought or feeling comes up, it is acceptable and if it can be allowed then it will dissolve. If it is difficult to welcome a feeling then it is okay to just "notice" the feeling. I find that I can always notice it,and then that is followed by allowing it and finally welcoming it. Last week I had an issue that I felt so strongly about that part oif me didn't want to let go. So I was guided to allow the riestance and stuckness which eased me through until I wanted to let it go. I want to highly reccoemnd where I get coaching but I don't know if that is advertising so if you want to know please email me
            Love Dharma

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              Hello,

Thanks.
              Hi aron.mcdermot,

First let me welcome you to TSM community.

Let's start by remembering that you are just beginning to learn how to let go. Actually we let go all the time but now you are consciously choosing to do so. There are subtle and grosser ways to notice if you are letting go. In the beginning somtimes it can be helpful to notice the places in the body where we are clutching, where there is tension. Imagine that the place where there is tension is opens like a flower opens when it blooms. Hale uses the image of starting with hands in prayer position and then just opening the out to your sides. Imagine doing that gesture inside. there are lots of metaphors and imagaes that help us to orient ourselves to letting go.

It doesn't matter which want you pick They all are part of the experience of being human and if we let go of one want we are actually letting go on all of the other ones as well. So just pick the one that appears to stand out for you in the moment.

A process for you...

Can you allow yourself to notice what the stress feels like. Noitce that stress refers to sensations in the body...

And can you welcome (open to) those ?

Are you wanting to get rid of that stress ...those sensations?

Can you welcome that?

And just for now, as best you can can you let go of wanting to get rid of the sensations of stress?

It's just a question, not a command...And the answer "no" is OK, if that's waht comes up.

Play around with that process and see what unfolds.

Thanks so much for this post. There are so many other folks out there who are having the same experience and this is helpful for all of them.

Delilah
              www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thanks Delilah. I remember on the movie a lady says she puts all her emotions in a boat and watches it float away. I've been trying that and I think it's been working. I also imagine myself carrying a big bolder and throwing it off a cliff. I'll certainly give your suggestion a try. I'm just going to keep trying different things. I know I'll get it.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X