Letting go for work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting go for work?

Ok I might be hitting a big wall of resistance I am not sure. But I am still looking for work and I can release on all the stress of not having cash I need for bills and stuff but it keeps coming back. Each bill I get in mail or phone call or etc. So my question is how can I let go and feel good when it seems like things are still falling apart as far as finances are concerned I have tons of programs and have been releasing quiet often. I am going to work on some advantages and disadvantages today but any advice from anyone who has been here in this spot and has had some success in this area is greatly appreciated.

Shelly

Yeah! Me too!!! Insight would be helpful.......

Comment

Hi Shelly and stgeorge
      This is still very much a work-in-progress for me, but recently a releasing partner gave me some advice that could be useful for you. I hadn’t realised I was wording my goals in the future but he pointed out that: “I allow myself to write a good pitch” was exactly that. Instead he changed it to, “I allow myself to have a great pitch.” This brought up a huge amount of fear, resistance, wanting approval, control, security and identification with the problem, which I have been releasing and releasing on!

So far I’ve gone from feeling like it was totally impossible to write this pitch (for a novel I’ve written) to seeing all the sneaky ways my mind was creating blocks. I noticed for example that I was expecting people to find fault with what I’d written, and actually I was doing that with every sentence I wrote, so no wonder it seemed like a mammoth task. It now feels possible to do this pitch (though I noticed some resistance when I wrote that!) and I’ve been approaching it in a calmer way, working on the easier bits first instead of trying to force my way through the part I find most challenging. Could you be expecting rejection in your search for work and so doing something similar to what I’ve described?
      I still have more releasing to do on this, and work in general, but hope this helps.

Comment

I think that you are fighting an endless battle, the mind is reacting to the current stimulus. Attempting to override it is futile and pointless. However you can start to see that the mind is in itself doing this and that you are not it. You are what observes the mind, doing this worrying. When this is seen it still arises, but and the big BUT is you don't take it home for tea, you don't dwell on it and try to "figure it out". Ring any bells??
        The mind will always do this stuff, that's it's job. As soon as you can start to see that you are not what is arising i.e stress, the deeper your releasing will naturally be.
        If you can refrain from diving into problems with your mind which is creating the problems you will see something very interesting indeed
        The mind creates a problem from the very notion that there is one, and that is it. All you have to do is realise that, and also realise that this will continue like it does for everyone always. The only difference being that you listen to it, I don't (well not all the time), I just observe it as what it is which is the mind minding.

Comment

Oh yeah BTW, what type of work are you looking for?

Comment

Shellyg and Stgeorge,

I have been there. Not looking for a job but running low on cash when my business was going through a tough time. Money is a thorny issue for us modern humans with lots of negative social conditioning. So, in my experience, it takes a little extra work.

I am assuming that you have done all the traditional releasing stuff: like/dislike, goal setting/releasing and advantages/disadvantages.

So here's some strategies that I want to share that have worked well with me.

1)

Start with some of the worst fears that you have about the situation. In fact, make as long a list as you possible can of such fears.

Then, take one of the fears and phrase it as "wanting it to happen..." and then, perhaps, release on it. For example, "Could I let go of wanting to become homeless? Would I? When?" Just phrasing it in this way, for me, made a huge shift. Also, if you are like me, you would have other such fears that would pop up. Do the same with all of them. You may feel a tremendous relief just doing that. The bigger the fear, the better!

Wanting to be unemployed for the rest of my life.
            Wanting to run out of the money in my bank accounts.
            Wanting to be poor for the rest of life.
            Wanting to be broke forever.
            Wanting to go deeper in debt.
            Wanting to pile huge amounts of debt.
            Wanting to not be able to pay my rent, mortgage.
            Wanting to be kicked out of my house, apartment, etc.
            Wanting to be ridiculed by my friends and family.
            Wanting to go bankrupt.
            Wanting to be standing at the traffic light with a board around my neck.
            Wanting to lose the respect of my friends and family.
            ... you get the idea! (This is my stuff. Hope I am not giving you new fears that you didn't have!)

Do the same with the whole list of fears that you have created.

All of this is straight from TSM book, by the way. I found this process refreshingly cleansing the first time I did it.

You can also use all your normal releasing tools on the list, of course, including triple releasing. But be careful, if the release is not happening, don't keep on releasing on the same stuff, as it might have the opposite effect. Instead move on and use a different strategy.

2) I think it's extremely important, especially when it comes to money issues, that we create some positive beliefs, visions and ideas that are supportive, simply because there is so much negative conditioning around the issue of money, work, job and employment.

The trick that worked for me (and still does when it comes to money, sales, cash-flow and such) is framing the questions and issues positively and then releasing around them. So you might want to take some of your negative beliefs about the situation, money, the job market, your ideas about your prospects, etc and create positive belief statements and then release on them. Triple welcoming release is a terrific tool for this purpose.

For example, you might catch yourself thinking, "It's tough out there." You may want to create a series of positive statements like:
            It's easy for me to get a job.
            The right job is waiting for me.
            I have just the right skills for this job market.
            Etc.

Of course, you may not believe these statements. That's why, you can release around them. Again, triple welcoming is a perfect tool for this purpose.

As an aside, and on the philosophical side of things - my favorite - I am aware that Sedona Method is about the non-dual approach, meaning that the positive statements are just the other end of the duality spectrum. The ideal is to transcend them both. Yet, in a panic mode, the first measure is to have a replacement thought for the negative thought so that as we release it, the replacement is readily available. Looking at it the other way, this would be a version of the 4th way of releasing where you bring the opposite ideas together and let them "explode." All we are doing is creating the opposite thoughts for the ones we already have and the release is automatic. May be that's why it works, and believe me it does. You might want to take another look at the 4th way of releasing and explore it some from this perspective.

3) Create some visions and goals of what it's like to have a perfect job, a great income and a healthy financial life. Once you have these, release around them. The whole goal setting process is a great way to do this.

You might also want to try something that I have done. I release around two statements alternatively, using triple welcoming release.

The first statement/idea is, "My monthly income is $__________."

The second idea/statement is, "My income potential." (Or sometimes "My income potential is infinite.")

In the first statement, I substitute a number, say $1000, and then release on it. Then I would release on the second statement. Then back to the first statement, but with an increased amount by, say $500. And on and on, ever increasing the amount in the first statement. This deepens, for me, the concept of my income potential in real number. The idea is to believe that you are worth a certain income level. This helps deepen the thought that you are at a certain income level without having to see the physical evidence of it in real life.

Hope this was helpful.
            All expressions of thought and emotion - including words - can only point to the Truth, never tell it.
            What's Enlightenment?: http://whatsenlightenment.wordpress.com

Comment

wow everything I had posted here disappeared so I guess I will try again ...thanks everyone for your great insights and I will be working on this today....Sunchild I was looking at this point for any kind of work. And I have a interview tomorrow at 3pm EST so I will be doing my releasing on that today. I have no clue where my post went though....very strange

Comment

Very weird. I had posted some stuff after this as well and now it is gone. Will have to check with Ben I guess. Oh, well. Bhavesh. Thank you for your insight. How long have you been working around this issue? Not that it matters I guess. I have been releasing for over a year now and feel I have not progressed the way I had hoped around the subject of money. I need lots of it to show up quickly....more releasing I guess. Would love to hear more of your "story" inspiration is alway helpful. Thank you for your insight.

S-

Comment

hi Shelly,
                  Best wishes for your interview tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by stgeorge View Post
                    Very weird. I had posted some stuff after this as well and now it is gone. Will have to check with Ben I guess. Oh, well. Bhavesh. Thank you for your insight. How long have you been working around this issue? Not that it matters I guess. I have been releasing for over a year now and feel I have not progressed the way I had hoped around the subject of money. I need lots of it to show up quickly....more releasing I guess. Would love to hear more of your "story" inspiration is alway helpful. Thank you for your insight.
                    S-
                    Stgeorge,

I have felt resistance too when it comes to releasing on goals. I have had to work on bits and pieces of them here and there and get a little creative in framing the issues, as I mentioned in my previous post. I have found that - and this a huge insight for me that may only work for me - only releasing on the "what is" could take me deep into chasing my daemons and that it could be a seemingly never-ending chase.

My way of dealing with it, at least one of the many ways, on a nitty-gritty, mundane level of everyday life, is to combine releasing on "what is" with also releasing on "what could be". I think a very powerful way to release is to simply reach for better feeling thoughts and using my how I feel as a guide to whether I am on the right track or not. You might want to look into the works of Abraham-Hicks (a book called Ask and It Is Given is perhaps a good start) whose approach is seemingly very different from Sedona but, as far as I am concerned, fit each other like hand and glove and help achieve the same end. When I get tired of one approach, I switch to the other and vice versa. And there are times when I let go of it all and simply live and be and enjoy and appreciate life in all its glory, its gifts and its glamour.

To answer your specific questions, I have been doing Sedona for about 10 months and am blown away by its simplicity, power and the breadth and depth of the tools. I have simplified all my goals to three goals: one in business/career, one in health/fitness and one in family. I only give the "exclusive Sedona treatment" to one goal (Business/Career) while playing with the other two as I feel inspired, both in methodical way but also in my daily explorations while I read, write, drive and chill. I come to that one goal, or the many aspects of it, as many times as I feel inspired but never make it a "should" or try to force it. I have these three goals typed up in my computer and sometimes release there but only if it's a pleasant experience. Otherwise, I let what comes up come up during the day and release on them as best I could.

In terms of results, I have gone from running after and chasing my goals and getting totally stressed out doing it to allowing myself relax into it all and let it all unfold at its own pace. The issue of money has been a challenging one for me but in the end, solutions, money, opportunities, clients have always shown up, and the right kind - which is more important to me now - and have allowed me to keep moving forward with my business. I expect the drama of it all to smooth out in the future though. :-)

Hope this is making some sense. I find myself reaching for words a little as I write this. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify this to myself. Sorry about the long emails, by the way. As you might discern, I love this stuff, perhaps a little too much!

And yes, Happy Releasing!
                    All expressions of thought and emotion - including words - can only point to the Truth, never tell it.

Comment

Shelly, Your interview tomorrow will be a great opportunity to observe what shows up in mind. Old messages and stories perhaps. If they appear unsettling, as best you can, avoid resisting them, which only gives them energy and allows them a place to rest and take hold. Be aware of your thoughts and let them pass on. You could even welcome them, but as best you can do not examine them. They are of no more importance then a passing cloud. Tomorrow will be as it will be. Everything is in your favor. Peace....
                      Jack

Comment

Thanks Jack,

Will do releasing before interview if anything comes up. Either way I am sure things will go just fine. This has been a great thread

Comment

Bhavesh,

Cheers and Congratulations! No apologies needed for the long email. I asked to hear more of your story. I appreciate your insight. I have been totally resistant to working on goals anymore and feel I "should" refocus. I am just growing weary of the whole situation I am in currently. My relationships personally and professionally are strained and I want better for all involved. I know releasing helps. I have seen gains. I am just apparently in somewhat of a funk and "trying to figure things out". I will keep releasing and staying in faith. The most important and special things in my life have shown up when I was least expecting them. I know this too shall pass. I appreciate you sharing your story. I am hopeful that I will be writing about more gains here very soon. Thank you again.

Happy Releasing!

S-

Comment

Originally posted by Shellyg View Post
                            Thanks Jack,

Will do releasing before interview if anything comes up. Either way I am sure things will go just fine. This has been a great thread
                            Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by stgeorge View Post
                              Bhavesh,
                              I will keep releasing and staying in faith. The most important and special things in my life have shown up when I was least expecting them. I know this too shall pass. I appreciate you sharing your story. I am hopeful that I will be writing about more gains here very soon. S-
                              Yes, this too shall pass. Looking forward to hearing from you - your gains, of course - but also how things unfold for you. This community here is a great blessing, isn't it? All the best to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X