Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the difference between expression and letting go?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where is the difference between expression and letting go?

    During I often have the problem, that I don't know what is to express an emotion or let the emotion go. Meanwhile, I have the ability to cry more intensive. That is because, My comprehension is that letting go is the same like to express, now. But i am confused if i read the example in the book. First I read the german book. Instead of express the german version is translated in "ausagieren". I didn't understand the word and nobody use this word. Better translation is "ausdrücken". I bought the english version, And I saw "express" is the word. In the english version there is an example.(page 28) It starts with a child, who falls down and let their emotions go. To me, it means in other words he cries, because i have often seen that children cry, if they fell down. Hale wants to say, this is letting go.The next example shows a boy, who is furious about his playmate and he says, he hated him and he would never speak to him. To me, that is also a form of expression. Later it is explained, what is expression page 31 " If we are angry we yell, if we are sad we cry."The difference isn't clear, because in the two examples they express. The first child "chries" and the boy "yells". This two words are substituted with "let go". Well, expression and letting go are the same words. Perhaps it might be, that expression is a part of letting go. And if you are through this process you will automatically say:"ok the feeling is not a part to me, i decide to let it go."

    Please help me. I release about 5 or six years. But this is one of my big problems perhaps the biggest problem to cancel releasing. Fortunately, I find back, again and again, But it bothers me.

    Thank you very, very much!!
    Last edited by knatschfisch; 02-01-2011, 08:49 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by knatschfisch View Post
    During I often have the problem, that Idon't know what is to express an emotion or let the emotion go. Meanwhile, I have the ability to cry more intensive. That is because, My comprehension is that letting go is the same like to express, now. But i am confused if i read the example in the book. First I read the german book. Instead of express the german version is translated in "ausagieren". I didn't understand the word and nobody use this word. Better translation is "ausdrücken". I bought the english version, And I saw "express" is the word. In the english version there is an example.(page 28) It starts with a child, who falls down and let their emotions go. To me, it means in other words he cries, because i have often seen that children cry, if they fell down. Hale wants to say, this is letting go.The next example shows a boy, who is furious about his playmate and he says, he hated him and he would never speak to him. To me, that is also a form of expression. Later it is explained, what is expression page 31 " If we are angry we yell, if we are sad we cry."The difference isn't clear, because in the two examples they express. The first child "chries" and the boy "yells". This two words are substituted with "let go". Well, expression and letting go are the same words. Perhaps it might be, that expression is a part of letting go. And if you are through this process you will automatically say:"ok the feeling is not a part to me, i decide to let it go."

    Please help me. I release about 5 or six years. But this is one of my big problems perhaps the biggest problem to cancel releasing. Fortunately, I find back, again and again, But it bothers me.

    Thank you very, very much!!
    Hi Knatsch,

    Expressing feelings refers to when we yell when we feel angry, or we moan when we have a stomache.

    Letting go refers to either just droping the feeling or opening to it inside full so that it can flow through us.

    I imagine that this can be confusing.

    I often tell my clients that letting go s is natural thing that we do all the time, all day long. Yawning is a let go. Belching is a let go. Falling asleep is a let go. Dropping something from our attention in exchange for something else is a let go.

    Welcoming is very much a part of letting go as well and is the second main way to let go. Opening to the feelings/sensations inside allows for effortless letting go.

    Although this might be confusing...sometimes when we let go there might be some laughing or crying. Those are natural wasy of releasing too. The laughing and crying that happens when we are letting go is that the laughing and crying is a release and is not directed towards anyone. Expression is usally directed towards a person.

    'Hope this helps,
    Deilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by knatschfisch View Post
      During I often have the problem, that I don't know what is to express an emotion or let the emotion go. Meanwhile, I have the ability to cry more intensive. That is because, My comprehension is that letting go is the same like to express, now. But i am confused if i read the example in the book. First I read the german book. Instead of express the german version is translated in "ausagieren". I didn't understand the word and nobody use this word. Better translation is "ausdrücken". I bought the english version, And I saw "express" is the word. In the english version there is an example.(page 28) It starts with a child, who falls down and let their emotions go. To me, it means in other words he cries, because i have often seen that children cry, if they fell down. Hale wants to say, this is letting go.The next example shows a boy, who is furious about his playmate and he says, he hated him and he would never speak to him. To me, that is also a form of expression. Later it is explained, what is expression page 31 " If we are angry we yell, if we are sad we cry."The difference isn't clear, because in the two examples they express. The first child "chries" and the boy "yells". This two words are substituted with "let go". Well, expression and letting go are the same words. Perhaps it might be, that expression is a part of letting go. And if you are through this process you will automatically say:"ok the feeling is not a part to me, i decide to let it go."

      Please help me. I release about 5 or six years. But this is one of my big problems perhaps the biggest problem to cancel releasing. Fortunately, I find back, again and again, But it bothers me.

      Thank you very, very much!!
      hello Knatschfish,
      In addition to what Delilah has written, I’d like to add just a little more about the examples of children. I haven’t got my TSM book right now so can’t refer to your examples, but Hale also talks about this on various audios and what I’ve heard him say, and what I have seen myself is that sometimes if a small child falls over they look around to see if anyone has seen them, and if not they just get up and get on with playing - they let it go. But if they see someone who is likely to be sympathetic (perhaps their mother) then they cry. When I heard Hale say this it made total sense to me because a little girl who used to live near me did this often. My own children have probably done it too, but it’s not so easy for me to know that. Probably the best way to get past confusion is to observe this for yourself, notice small children and in yourself.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ps, My cats just had a fight, and so I saw something more clearly too. It’s possible to express (the fight) and then to let go too. They fought, squealed, stopped fighting, became calm. They also let go of some of some fur, but neither seems to be bothered. Eckhart Tolle writes about this in ‘A New Earth,” in a passage called “The duck with the human mind.” He dscribes how ducks fight, move away, flap their wing to release energy and then carry on peacefully. But if they had a human mind they might stop fighting, but would be making a story about it: “I don’t believe what he just did. He came within five inches of me. He thinks he owns this pond.” And on and on.
        The real ducks express and let to go, the ‘human’ duck expresses and holds on.
        Hope this helps.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you for your answer. I am going to reply. Please wait.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Evie View Post
            Ps, My cats just had a fight, and so I saw something more clearly too. It’s possible to express (the fight) and then to let go too. They fought, squealed, stopped fighting, became calm. They also let go of some of some fur, but neither seems to be bothered. Eckhart Tolle writes about this in ‘A New Earth,” in a passage called “The duck with the human mind.” He dscribes how ducks fight, move away, flap their wing to release energy and then carry on peacefully. But if they had a human mind they might stop fighting, but would be making a story about it: “I don’t believe what he just did. He came within five inches of me. He thinks he owns this pond.” And on and on.
            The real ducks express and let to go, the ‘human’ duck expresses and holds on.
            Hope this helps.
            Hi Evie,

            I've seen the same with my dogs. There will be a skirmish over a toy or a bit of food...some snarling...and then it's gone. They just drop it. If only people behaved more like animals. LOL

            Delilah
            www.theaccordcenter.net

            Comment


            • #7
              I try to comprehend your examples,

              For now, here is my first approach. Expressing feelings are afflicted with words, significances, stories, pictures, videos and so on. They have difficulties to get out. During the nature emotions like yawning, belching are feeling we do without thinking.

              Better, I claim words significances stories picture videos are a further definition of feelings, but this is wrong . Aha I also think that this definition hold the true emotion in our mind. This wrong definition must be transformed in „retainer“. I have a big aha experience. I hope that's right

              Now I know why Hale said to me, i don't here cry music, if I want to cry. I thought it accelerate the process, but I would really generate a new retainer.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by knatschfisch View Post
                I try to comprehend your examples,

                For now, here is my first approach. Expressing feelings are afflicted with words, significances, stories, pictures, videos and so on. They have difficulties to get out. During the nature emotions like yawning, belching are feeling we do without thinking.

                Better, I claim words significances stories picture videos are a further definition of feelings, but this is wrong . Aha I also think that this definition hold the true emotion in our mind. This wrong definition must be transformed in „retainer“. I have a big aha experience. I hope that's right

                Now I know why Hale said to me, i don't here cry music, if I want to cry. I thought it accelerate the process, but I would really generate a new retainer.
                Hi Knatsch,

                It sounds like you are making this a little more complicated than it is.

                The example Hale uses of holding a pen in your hand, wrap your fist around the pen, and then turn the fist so that your fingers are facing the floor and now just open the fist. Notice that the pen just drops to the floor. We can do that with thoughts, feelings, sensations, images, stories, memories, fantasies...This is in the Sedona Method Book and the Basic Foundation course. Of course there are other ways to help us to just drop it but the basic principle of the Method is to just drop itust let it go.


                Keep us posted on how things unfold,
                Delilah
                www.theaccordcenter.net

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by knatschfisch View Post
                  During I often have the problem, that I don't know what is to express an emotion or let the emotion go. Meanwhile, I have the ability to cry more intensive. That is because, My comprehension is that letting go is the same like to express, now. But i am confused if i read the example in the book. First I read the german book. Instead of express the german version is translated in "ausagieren". I didn't understand the word and nobody use this word. Better translation is "ausdrücken". I bought the english version, And I saw "express" is the word. In the english version there is an example.(page 28) It starts with a child, who falls down and let their emotions go. To me, it means in other words he cries, because i have often seen that children cry, if they fell down. Hale wants to say, this is letting go.The next example shows a boy, who is furious about his playmate and he says, he hated him and he would never speak to him. To me, that is also a form of expression. Later it is explained, what is expression page 31 " If we are angry we yell, if we are sad we cry."The difference isn't clear, because in the two examples they express. The first child "chries" and the boy "yells". This two words are substituted with "let go". Well, expression and letting go are the same words. Perhaps it might be, that expression is a part of letting go. And if you are through this process you will automatically say:"ok the feeling is not a part to me, i decide to let it go."

                  Please help me. I release about 5 or six years. But this is one of my big problems perhaps the biggest problem to cancel releasing. Fortunately, I find back, again and again, But it bothers me.

                  Thank you very, very much!!
                  I would also suggest that you contact Coach Jan See under the coaches section of this forum. I suspect there may be language barrier issues that he may be able to help with. He is in Hamburg Germany and may be helpful to you. All coaches are available for a free introductory coaching session and having one in your native language may clear up some things for you.

                  Good Luck!

                  Happy Releasing,

                  -S

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is a great question. Here's my take on it:

                    Expression is different from releasing. A little letting go happens during expression, but it's not the same as releasing. You've probably noticed that yourself. It feels good to rant/express, but there's none of the lightness, freedom and peace of releasing.

                    Also, when you release, you let go of the tendency underlying the emotion, the tendency to create that emotion or illusion. You weaken that whole tendency, you see through it. As you release, the same situation will not cause those emotions anymore. The tendency is gone.

                    Expressing the feeling often actually strengthens the underlying tendency. That's one reason rage-a-holics don't run out of anger. They are not releasing the tendency to anger when they rage, they are strengthening it.

                    That said, it is often very helpful to talk things out and share what you are feeling, both for personal growth and as a natural part of fulfilling relationships. It's not a substitute for releasing, and releasing isn't a substitute for sharing and living.

                    All the best,
                    Susan
                    Susan Seifert
                    Certified Sedona Method Coach
                    http://www.yoursedonacoach.com
                    Register for my Free Sedona Method Support calls

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ok thank you for your help.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Great answer, Susan, thanks. It sounds like some concepts are lost in translation. I agree with S. George, perhaps explore finding others who speak German that are doing the Method.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Perhaps, I shouldn't ask what the words mean. Now, I believe I do the right thinks intuiitvely, again.My first evidence is that i generate a tingle in my backbone. during realeasing and it feels really well. That must be right. Problems are simply the resistances. At the moment, i have, the handle on them.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X