Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hey,

I'm new to the Sedona Method. I've read some of the book and listened to the audio but I don't really get it.

My Sedona issue is:
    Could you let it go? NOOOOOOOOOO
    Would you let it go? NOOOOOOOOO
    When? Later, I'm pissed now.

I know 'No' is a perfectly fine answer so I don't need to know that, but are you seriously telling that venting in anger saying 'No I can't release' 'No I can't' etc is going to make me feel better?

How does Sedona deal with that?

If you needed this method in first place then surely the questions are silly? I couldn't let it go no otherwise I wouldn't need the method.

Thanks

You are beginning to release because you are acknowleding your resistance. Sometimes simply acknowledging you can't release will actually cause you to drop an issue and sometimes not. At the very least you are beginning to be honest with yourself and allowing things to be as they are.

What is more insane than fighting what is at this moment?

So when you answer no to something that fine. Simply accept your no answer without resistance. You acknowledge fully you answered no. Now move on. You should take note that just because you answer no at this moment doesn't mean you'll answer no later. The same is true with yes. You may find you answer yes to questions then revisit the issue and get a no. That is fine.

As for why you need to ask the questions I would answer because at this point they are invoking you to be honest with yourself. At least that is the point. Often a "problem" is only a problem if we don't acknowledge it. Once we acknowledge this "problem" we can deal with it. In reality there are no problems only situations to be dealt with or to be left as they are.

The bottom line is don't fight the honest answer. You simply need to allow the answer to exist by not judging it and thus giving it space to be as it is. It does take practice.

P.S. I know I ended a lot of sentences with a preposition .

Comment

What if you answer no but really you're still trying...

you're angry..

Could I let it go? You answer no because you know it's true

but that doesn't mean you won't continue to resist it..

Comment

Sedona and courses like it can be summed up in one sentence. "Resist nothing". It is a choice, a simple choice, but it does take practice. It is a choice we must continually make each moment until it becomes natural and our core state of being. In reality that is our core state and we must basically rediscover it.

You don't and shouldn't try to change your anger. The "secret" if you will is you can't change. You can only make room for change to occur and that is all. So when you are angry simply be with that anger and allow it to be. You only need to acknowledge its exist and welcome that it is there. You may express it if necessary but don't try to resist the anger itself. That only creates internal conflict.

You can also put all your attention on the anger. You don't need to judge it as right or wrong/good or bad. You simply need to put your full attention on it as full attention is acceptance and surrender which is nonresistance.

Try it for yourself. When you get angry close your eyes and focus on the anger. As best you can don't judge it and regardless of what happens keep your fullest possible attention on it. If you do this the anger will start to be transmuted. It probably won't be in one "session" but it will start to occur if you persist.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob154 View Post
          What if you answer no but really you're still trying...

you're angry..

Could I let it go? You answer no because you know it's true

but that doesn't mean you won't continue to resist it..
          Hi Rob154,

I recommend that you answer the questions as honestly as you can rather than how you'd like to answer them. It's hard to grock that just answering the questions, no matter what the answer is, is a let go. Eventually you will see what Hale writes in the book is actually true. It doesn't matter whether you get a yes or a no. It really doesn't.

If you get a no then see if you can welcome the no. Solaris/Jeremy spoke about resistance. Everyone has resistance. The best, and easiest way to dissolve resistance is to welcome it, to open up to it as fully as possible. When we welcome things we open more fully and that promotes letting go into flow. When we open more fully there is more flow and letting go is actually effortless. Eventually you will no longer resist, you'll just enjoy the flow of letting go.

Best,
          Delilah
          www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

I appreciate the answers but you didn't answer my question.

What if you're angry at answering 'No'.

I can be angry and say 'Could I let it go' and I can answer it 100% honest and answer 'No' but when I say the 'No' in my head I can be angry at it because I've not let it go..it's still here...

Then I'll probably ask it 20 seconds later...'maybe if i ask again I'll get a yes' so I ask again and I get a 'No.

You see if I ask it the first time I might say 'No' and actually feel like 'Yeah that's cool I answered honest..I can allow it be here.'

But if I ask the questions again..the more times I keep saying the no the more soul destroying it gets.

Comment

I can understand your confusion as it can be hard to grasp to at first. You are after all learning something that is counter to the mainstream "wisdom"/thought of our society.

In the above replies we have provided answers. I will restate on way to deal with the anger from my above post, "You can also put all your attention on the anger. You don't need to judge it as right or wrong/good or bad. You simply need to put your full attention on it as full attention is acceptance and surrender which is nonresistance."

That IS a way to deal with your anger over answering no honestly. If you feel any anger, sadness, tension, etc over answering no or even yes you can apply the method. So you ask, "Can I let this go?", then answer, "NO!" with anger. That is fine. You are being honest with yourself. That is step one, but I understand you are now saying, "Okay I answered honestly and I am angry over it. What now?"

If you want you can let it be but if you want to be more proactive just focus on your anger period. As best you can don't judge it. If you do start judging it with things like I am upset at being angry (you are getting angry at being angry) or whatever that is fine as there is no need to start judging your judgement you instead simply stop judgment when you notice it. This does take practice.

Sedona, and other methods, don't "work" overnight. They take practice and persistence. They aren't hard per-say. In fact the "hard" part is getting the mind out of the way and just doing it.

Comment

Alright..I've probably not allowed myself to be angry with my 'No' answers...I've said No but I've judged it.

Comment

Bingo! That is correct. However you are on the path toward non resistance. Because you are beginning to realize what is going. Most people never directly acknowledge their feelings (emotions). Oh sure they may cry, yell, etc. However those are really symptoms. They don't "look" directly at the feeling and allow it to be.

So you answer no but then immediately judge that as bad and get angry. That is resistance and not allowing the situation to be. What we have stated above is when you answer no say/think cool that is where I am at this moment. That doesn't mean ten minutes from now you won't answer yes. Or course you may not answer ten minutes from now, but the truth is you don't know how you'll answer when you reask the question.

Remember you are asking the question about this moment not for all time. So a no or yes doesn't mean that is the way it will stay.

Comment

So true Solaris, whatever we let go of we can pick up again. It's a choice. One we get to make when we let go in the first place.

Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X