• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil B
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave78 View Post
    Hey,

I've been feeling nervous all day for a job I go to tomorrow. I've welcomed it all day physically...I've felt the nerves even though I've had negative thoughts of worry and anxiety about it.

When will it go though? I'm still going to be nervous when tomorrow comes around, so what's the point?
    Obviously, the job interview is a non-issue now, but in such situations I encourage trying to make yourself as frightened as possible. This counter-intuitive approach works well because the attempt to cause the anxiety (and any associated physical symptoms) is actually the removal of resistance to it, and there isn't anything behind the resistance. It works wonderfully well for phobias and panic attacks, though it usually requires a bit of courage.

Leave a comment:

• DelilahCertifiedSMCoach
    replied
    Hi Dave78,

Are you wanting to get rid of the anxiety?

Welcome your answer...

And then see if you can let go of wanting to get rid of the anxiety.

You wrote "I'm still going to be nervous when tomorrow comes around, so what's the point?" Can you notice how that actually sounds like a bit of a plan to be nervous?

You actually don't know for sure that you'll be anxious tomorrow. You might feel better from all your releasing today...

Can you be open to that possiblity? This is also just a question, not a command....

Best,
    Delilah
    Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 09-09-2012, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave78
    started a topic When will it go?

When will it go?

Hey,

I've been feeling nervous all day for a job I go to tomorrow. I've welcomed it all day physically...I've felt the nerves even though I've had negative thoughts of worry and anxiety about it.

When will it go though? I'm still going to be nervous when tomorrow comes around, so what's the point?
Working...
X