Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sedona Method using power of language?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Sedona Method using power of language?

Is releasing's principle feeling better by saying sentences making you feel better?

When I say "Could I let go of wanting security?", I don't get rid of the wanting but it makes me feel better than before I say this.
    Just by saying
    "Could I let go of fear?"
    "yes." or "no."
    These sentences just make me feel better.
    It doesn't get rid of my fear.

Isn't this the principle of Sedona Method?
    Using power of language.

If I say "I'm rich," it doesn't make me rich but it helps me to release some bad feeling.

So, Sedona Method doesn't change our life to a eaiser one or a happier one but it's just for feeling better.

If u feel better. . U act better ? When u act better life respond different . New opportunities arise. .

Comment

So true!

Comment

Asking yourself questions brings focus to the issue, rather than ignoring it, you have begun to do something about it, noticing that it's there.

Alex

Comment

Thank you, you are so right!

Comment

Hi Suyoung!

Actually if you keep releasing feelings they do dissolve. You feel better because you have allow some of the feeling to release.

"So, Sedona Method doesn't change our life to a eaiser one or a happier one but it's just for feeling better." If you are feeling better is there some little bit of happiness that comes with feeling better. If you keep releasing and feeling better and better, is it possible that you will feel more than a little happy?

Justme has it right. When we feel better we act differently and we see the world and the people differently and that allows us to find new way to respond to situations and people and we also notice opportunities that we didn't before when we weren't feeling so good.

Best,
            Delilah
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

good post to learn!
              Last edited by cyi; 09-01-2017, 11:15 PM.
              www.sedona.com Home of the Sedona Method

Comment

Dear. Deliah
                I mean I thought I could do everything happily after I let go of negative feelings. I thought there was a certain amount of bad feelings I have carried with myself since I was young, so I thought if I let go of all of that, there is only happiness left in me, so I can do anything(studying, working, hanging out with friends) happily and as a result I can do it efficiently and competitively.
                However, what I found is I do everything I mentioned above with depression, confusion, frustration,and grief.
                After accumulated bad emotions, I let go of a little amout of it. So I just can do it in sucession. Releasing is only enough to enable to keep going not doing things happily.
                For example, I can go to school but not happily.

To feel happy, light and peaceful, I focus on all the negative thoughts and feelings doing whatever.
                For examples, when I take the lecture, I focus on all the details of my worries( can I get good grades without mistakes, am I missing something, are the other students think about me, do I look offensive, this subject is the only one I'm good at so if I fail to get good grades here, there is no hope for other lectures and so many worries.) If I can feel all the worried I said above, I begin to break down and cry. I can let it go, however, I feel worried again. This succession of feeling worried never stopped since I start to feel it. Coaches said I was just going deeper and these are just 'coming up.'
                People around me advise me not to think too much and to think positively.
                I feel depressed, worried and frightened.

Is it impossible to feel ultimate happiness forever doing whatever?
                Last edited by Suyoung; 09-04-2017, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Could you let go of wanting to change things? Could you let go of wanting to control what other people think? When you let go or welcome what is, give a month though where does this come from, wanting security, approval or control. In the beginning I found I had to ask myself a lot whether I was seeking security, approval or control in relation to my thoughts. It's really worthwhile not only asking could I let go of worrying about.... Also ask what's behind that worry (approval, security, control) and release on that as well. The more you release the more you see where you're still holding on, and then you can start releasing on the reason the stories come up.

Alex

Comment

Hello, Alex!
                    Thank you for answering! I will try to ask myself about the wanting I feel negative feelings from.

I have often felt overwhelmed by confusion and fear since I was a very young kid.
                    When I'm just with a few friends, I feel overwhelmed so I want to run away to a place I can be alone.
                    I have done this all the time.
                    I get stuck in thinking "What should I say?", "How should I act?", "Who am I?", "What am I doing?" and I just want to run away from this.
                    Even when I'm in school, it's the same. I feel overwhelmed by fear or confusion from everything : School, work, relationships, and tasks like studying and assignments.
                    I feel overwhelmed almost every days.
                    This just makes me isolated.

It's been a year and a half since I applied SM to my situation intensively. I thought I would get better so I don't have to feel overwhelmed. I still feel overwhelmed by everything. If I aim to do tasks without overwhelmed feeling, I have to do releasing all day.
                    Releasing takes too many hours for me to do my tasks.

I do appreciate your constant attention and help though.
                    I understand coaches job requires a lot of patience and courage.
                    Last edited by Suyoung; 09-05-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Which course are you using? Are you on the Sedona mailing list? I recommend signing up if you're not. You get notified when the courses are on special, when Hale has a new video of releases,

Alex

Comment

I'm using techniques stated on the book.
                        I have used the technique of asking "Could I let go of feeling and wanting~?", Holistic releasings, inner cleaning process and goals. However, it helps for a contemporary moment not for a long time. It's why I think my depression is just my personality not what I can let go of. I once thought I can let go of this remaining core grief inside me. Even when I smile at people and greet them, I feel so sad and depressed inside me. Do people greet each other with smile, grief and worries inside them? I'm asking this because I just don't know.

What I can not let go is not only the grief I carry with myself everywhere. It's also the extreme tension and fear when I'm with people I'm not familiar with.

Even if I let go of overwhelmed fear, I often face the same fear, confusion, anxiety and nervousness repeatedly in situations where I'm with people.

I fear gloomy when I'm alone and I feel sad when I smile to people as a manner and I feel frightened and nervous when I'm with people I meet on a regular basis(students I take the same lecture with or people I do the part time job with.)

Sedona method is helpful when I'm overwhelmed with stress. For example, I go to toilets when I get too much stressed from a workplace, then I ask myself if I can let go of wanting control or anger. After a few trials of releasing, I become able to keep working not being exploded. However, Sedona Method is only helpful for doing tasks in a succession and only in an essential extent.

I believed SM would make me happy, enable me to be free of this endless depression but it's only enough not to give up your essential tasks like school and job.

Warmly,
                        Suyoung

Comment

Could you let go of that belief at some point? "It's why I think my depression is just my personality not what I can let go of" It's your thinking that make it true. I think you could benefit from working with the one of the courses.

Alex

Comment

Thank you. I'm sorry for late reply. I know I am my belief and my world is only my consciousness, so I agree with your advice.
                            I would try to let go of the belief that I can not change my depression.
                            It was helpful to accept my depression because I use it on some purposes.
                            Where can I be benefited by the courses?
                            Is it a library?

Comment

Thank you for saying that it's only my thinking making it true.
                              If you say it, it is. I am actually getting helped by sedona method daily and every moments. I just expressed my frustraion
                              . However, writing about my bad feeling that expressively on the site, sometimes becomes my gain. I feel that I have wanted to express it that well someday. Also, after I question you on the site, I feel better and find answers with me. When I write things, I know it's not true. If you write about your feeling on your diary, you know it's only thoughts and feeling, not truth. It's the same how I feel after I ask you questions of SM out of frustraition.
                              Actually, writing like this, expressing my thoughts, is also my gain. I wanted to say what I think in English like this. Life just helped me to get the goal(English skill.) My life used my frustration and the eagerness of getting help from coaches to enhance my English skill. It's funny to mention about English out of blue here.
                              Neverthelessly, it's hard to learn how to speak and use English well if you are living in the society like where I'm in (no need of usage of English.)
                              However, if you must use English to get help you need desperately, you can't help but use it anyway so that you improve it.

Comment

Working...
                              X