Crying my eyes out ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Humble,

I'd like to thank you for starting this topic as a fellow struggler and wanter-to-win-the-lotto.

First of all, your posts and the example of not building a website out of fear and then regretting it helped me see through the fear that I am facing right now and the decision it's forcing me to take that I may regret. Thank you for that. I can also relate to the feeling of rushing, which makes things happen slower. A lot. And the wanting safety thing. You are not alone.

Secondly, I too have been consistently failing to achieve goals with Sedona Method, financial and otherwise. I can't think of a single goal that I've achieved so far in all this time, it's not even funny. BUT, I have had lots of other gains and realisations from doing the process and I still keep doing it because a) it makes me feel better when getting things done in life b) failing at these goals feels better when I have released.

One thing I've noticed about my own work that may help you is that I've seen at some point that I was placing so much importance in the Sedona Method saving me that it became a bag of attachments and aversions of its own. It's like you put "all your eggs in one basket", all your power in this thing that is somehow outside of you, called the Sedona Method, and then you try to make it work. And when it doesn't, it's that thing that hasn't worked and you blame the method and you blame yourself for not doing a good enough job of it. That on its own had a lot of grief and hopelessness brought out for me, but, luckily, we know how to deal with these feelings by now.

A similar thing happens with trying to win the lottery. We don't win, and it's another confirmation of a failure and that nothing is working. And we go back into grief and despair. I would definitely do some releasing on the lottery thing, because the very idea that it's the ONLY thing that can save us is so wrong it's ridiculous! It is also tied to the idea that we need something external happening, something outside of ourselves to sort things out for us, which, again, is just giving our power away. You've had lots of suggestions on what to release on so far and I don't mean to give you more "homework". I've done advantages / disadvantages and likes / dislikes of 1. winning the lottery, 2. playing the lottery and 3. failing to win the lottery and they have helped me to achieve some freedom in this area.

Keep going and thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

What a wonderful share Vaidas! <3

Thank you,
      Delilah
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thanks. I remembered something. I started with Sedona in the summer of 2013. My business was doing okay. Not great. But okay. And that summer I got really lonely. My son was with his mom for the summer and I was just lonely. I started to hate my biz. I have/had a home based business. I wonder if that had some kind of "self sabotage" effect. Because I kinda remember that lonely feeling didn't go away. It was intense.

Yes, I am trying to figure it all out.

I just remember feeling like it almost wasn't worth having the biz because I was so lonely. And that started a "downward spiral" sort of thing. And maybe I can't get any traction because if I do ... and I go back to my own apartment ... I'll get that feeling again.

During that time that I had built up my business ... a lot of people moved away. Family and friends. I went from having a decent sized circle of people around me ... to just a couple - my son and my mom. And I kinda looked up and was like, "What happened?" Like I had been so stuck building the business ... and then everyone kind of moved away ... and it was when my son was at his mom's that I kind of realized ... I had no life outside my business and my son.

I remember reading articles on "loneliness" and even watching a documentary about happiness trying to "fix" it. Maybe it was all just a really intense feeling that I couldn't handle at the time. Maybe the whole chasing money thing is to avoid what really hurt ... loneliness.

I don't know.

I am letting that go. Best I can.

(I hope this does help someone. I have searched through threads and found a couple where whatever the person was talking about or releasing on ... it struck a chord with me)

Comment

Very helpful Humble.

Thanks,
          Delilah
          www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi everyone. This post feels like it could have been written by me. Thany you

Comment

Originally posted by Vaidas View Post
              Hi Humble,

I'd like to thank you for starting this topic as a fellow struggler and wanter-to-win-the-lotto.

First of all, your posts and the example of not building a website out of fear and then regretting it helped me see through the fear that I am facing right now and the decision it's forcing me to take that I may regret. Thank you for that. I can also relate to the feeling of rushing, which makes things happen slower. A lot. And the wanting safety thing. You are not alone.

Secondly, I too have been consistently failing to achieve goals with Sedona Method, financial and otherwise. I can't think of a single goal that I've achieved so far in all this time, it's not even funny. BUT, I have had lots of other gains and realisations from doing the process and I still keep doing it because a) it makes me feel better when getting things done in life b) failing at these goals feels better when I have released.

One thing I've noticed about my own work that may help you is that I've seen at some point that I was placing so much importance in the Sedona Method saving me that it became a bag of attachments and aversions of its own. It's like you put "all your eggs in one basket", all your power in this thing that is somehow outside of you, called the Sedona Method, and then you try to make it work. And when it doesn't, it's that thing that hasn't worked and you blame the method and you blame yourself for not doing a good enough job of it. That on its own had a lot of grief and hopelessness brought out for me, but, luckily, we know how to deal with these feelings by now.

A similar thing happens with trying to win the lottery. We don't win, and it's another confirmation of a failure and that nothing is working. And we go back into grief and despair. I would definitely do some releasing on the lottery thing, because the very idea that it's the ONLY thing that can save us is so wrong it's ridiculous! It is also tied to the idea that we need something external happening, something outside of ourselves to sort things out for us, which, again, is just giving our power away. You've had lots of suggestions on what to release on so far and I don't mean to give you more "homework". I've done advantages / disadvantages and likes / dislikes of 1. winning the lottery, 2. playing the lottery and 3. failing to win the lottery and they have helped me to achieve some freedom in this area.

Keep going and thanks for the inspiration.
              Funny thing is, I normally don't buy lotto tickets at all. In the last 2 weeks, I've bought 5 I think. Just 1 at a time. Anyways, 4 out of 5 have been winners. But they are all "face value" so if it is $ 2 ticket, I won $ 2.

So on one hand, you could say I won 4 times. On the other hand ... it's really not much of a gain ... Oh well.

For some reason, I have this aversion to doing advantages/disadvantages. Any kind of releasing writing stuff on paper. Lots of aversion to that. Maybe I should actually do that.

Like,

What is the advantage of not having money? I can blame the world. Is that wanting etc, etc.

Is that how I would do it?

Comment

Hi Humble!

If we really hate a process OR we really love a process we will benefit from using it.

Writing is great but you don't have to write out the adv/disadv process. You can use it the way you use the others. But if you wanted to release on resistance to doing that that can free you up in a lot of ways too.

Yes, you've got the adv/disadv process down correctly.

Best,
                Delilah
                www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

This has been really helpful. I have been both releasing and taking action. Still not as much as I'd like to ... but an improvement. And I see some things:

1) I can see how it is possible to both take responsibility AND yet also be detached ... more like an observer. I guess releasing helps that way.
                  2) My internal dialogue is more positive. Still not where I want it to be. But more positive nonetheless. Like I heard "There's nothing to fear" and it made sense.

I got timid. I used not to be. That's why it was easier for me to take action. It's kind of like ... if someone gets burned in a relationship ... and they conclude that relationships are bad ... so they don't get in another one.

That's kind of what I did with business.

I see that releasing gives a certain clarity. I like it.

And with that clarity ... I can kinda see how I have a tendency to make a lack of money the biggest problem in the world. I laughed at that and it felt GOOD.

There's a wee bit more courageousness in me. I like that feeling. So I am going to release it. (But I still like it lol)

It's funny how I heard so many times about the idea of making a problem WAAAY bigger than it really is. And yet I have always been like, "Yeah, but MY problem really is" That sort of thing.

So I'ma keep on trying. Keep on releasing. And keep taking ACTION.

P.S. I still want magic. So I am releasing that as well.

I hope this is allowed - my son reminded me of this song today, and I think it fits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6wZhd8M848

Just listening to this was a good "guided" release in it's own way. Okay, so it doesn't embed. It's a song from a kid's movie about "Letting Go" ...

Comment

That's wonderful Humble!

So many gains here. Freedom to take action. Freedom from the past. Clarity. Looks and sounds like magic to me.

Yes, when we let go of wanting magic we experience magic. When we let go of wanting magic to look or feel or sound or do something a particular way then we experience magic. And when we let go we discover that we are the magic.

The song is perfect!

Warmly,
                    Delilah
                    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Now it feels like I've lost my gains. For whatever reason, I feel like I lost all my "steam" this week. I wound up losing money on some paid traffic, got rejected from 2 affiliate programs .... and realized that I have about 4 months to figure out a way to get my own apartment and it all feels ... overwhelming. I don't think I can achieve my goal and it scares me. But also puts me right back in apathy.

Comment

Hi Humble!

You haven't lost your gains. You are just experiencing the the next wave of "stuff." Are you open to releasing on the loss of money and the rejections? That will take you to the next level. Life is dynamic and releasing helps us process the ebb and flow. When we feel overwhelmed it's useful to welcome the experience so that it can come up and release. Adn the same goes for apathy. Welcome it so it can come up and release.

Keep letting go into flow,
                        Delilah
                        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
                          Hi Humble!

You haven't lost your gains. You are just experiencing the the next wave of "stuff." Are you open to releasing on the loss of money and the rejections? That will take you to the next level. Life is dynamic and releasing helps us process the ebb and flow. When we feel overwhelmed it's useful to welcome the experience so that it can come up and release. Adn the same goes for apathy. Welcome it so it can come up and release.

Delilah
                          Thanks Delilah. I've been trying to release on the lack of money, the loss of money, the rejections, etc. Feel a bit better about some of it. The rejection part. But the lack and loss of money - not so much. It's a long story ... meaning, my mom used to kind of use the lack of money to explain everything about our life. And I guess I've done the same thing.

Like, it becomes the explanation for everything. Which kind of makes it like the most important thing in the world. Which is the opposite of being hootless about it.

And on a common sense level, I know that money isn't the most important thing in the world. Far from it. My son is a billion times more important than money.

Maybe I am just stuck in trying to figure out WHY ... and I just need to let THAT go.

Like the whole lack of money thing is just a way to explain why my life is the way it is ... which probably just keeps it in place.

Comment

Hi Humble!

Are you open to trying these holistic releases?

I allow myself to resist money as much as I do.
                            I allow myself to welcome money as best I can.

I allow money to be the most important thing in the world.
                            I allow money to be the least important thing in the world.

I now allow myself to love money as much as I do.
                            I now allow myself hate money as much as I do.

Could you resist being like your mother with money as much as you do?
                            Could you welcome being like your mother with money as best you can?

Could you welcome wanting to be like your mother with money as much as you do?
                            Could you let go of wanting to be like your mother with money as best you can?

Also try:

Do you feel controlled by money?
                            Welcome your answer.
                            Could you let go of wanting to be controlled by money?
                            Welcome your answer.

Do you want to control money back?
                            Welcome your answer.
                            Could you let go of wanting to control money back?
                            Welcome your answer.

And:

I want a lot of money but I can't have it because ____________. (Fill in the blank)
                            What want does that stir up?
                            Welcome wanting that.
                            Could let go of wanting that want?
                            Could I let go of wanting to get that want from a lot of money?

Delilah
                            Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 04-10-2018, 05:45 AM.
                            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
                              Hi Humble!

Are you open to trying these holistic releases?

I allow myself to resist money as much as I do.
                              I allow myself to welcome money as best I can.

I allow money to be the most important thing in the world.
                              I allow money to be the least important thing in the world.

I now allow myself to love money as much as I do.
                              I now allow myself hate money as much as I do.

Could you resist being like your mother with money as much as you do?
                              Could you welcome being like your mother with money as best you can?

Could you welcome wanting to be like your mother with money as much as you do?
                              Could you let go of wanting to be like your mother with money as best you can?

Also try:

Do you feel controlled by money?
                              Welcome your answer.
                              Could you let go of wanting to be controlled by money?
                              Welcome your answer.

Do you want to control money back?
                              Welcome your answer.
                              Could you let go of wanting to control money back?
                              Welcome your answer.

And:

I want a lot of money but I can't have it because ____________. (Fill in the blank)
                              What want does that stir up?
                              Welcome wanting that.
                              Could let go of wanting that want?
                              Could I let go of wanting to get that want from a lot of money?

Delilah
                              Thanks, that's been helpful. I think I got a lot to work through. I'll admit, I want to kind of "give up" on goals again. But I am going to work on releasing that because I am still tired of being in poverty. And I don't just mean money ... There are other aspects of my life that are "in poverty " like the lack of having fun.

It's funny, I think every "trap" Hale has ever talked about on a support call ... I seem to have fallen into it.

I keep getting this "I wanna go home" feeling and what I see is my old apartment. So when I try to picture myself in a new apartment ... I see myself in the old one. I guess that's been beneath the surface.

Maybe that's a gain?

Just the realizing that I kind of wanna go back to my old apartment. I guess I didn't realize that losing that was such a "big deal" because I was trying to be positive and whatnot. And I do know on some level that it's the past and I can't go back there.

But every time I get that "I wanna go home" feeling ... and it's coming up a LOT ... I picture my old apartment.

Could I let that go?

I honestly don't know. But I will try.

Thanks again, I appreciate it. (I wish I had been more open about this stuff when I first signed up back in 2013 ... there I go again ... wanting to "undo" the past)

Comment

Hi Humble!

The fact that you aren't giving up is a huge gain!

Remember that if you get a "no" to a releasing question you can STILL have a great release. Just answer each question honestly, not the way you want to or the way you think you should and a release will happen. So don't become discouraged if you get "no" to any of the questions. You can only see this through your direct experience because this doesn't make sense to the mind. Check it out and see for yourself if what i write here is true or not..

Take the time to fully welcome each individual thing you shared here. Welcoming is the second most fundamental way to let go. If you allow all of those thoughts and feelings to be here and stay present with them, you find they release and you won't have to work so hard at letting go. The better welcomer we are the better releaser we are.

Best,
                                Delilah
                                Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 04-15-2018, 06:40 AM.
                                www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
                                X