Panic Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panic Attacks

Hi I've been fighting panic attacks lately. Usually I just try to ignore them and they go away.

Today, I've been in a sense of panic all day. I just can't seem to let it go. I am nervous that it won't go away tomorrow which probably makes it worse.

I have also just been under a lot of stress which I think brought them on. I do see a psychiatrist but am scared to see her as I don't want to be on more medicine.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks,

John

Hi John!

Let me start by saying that we do recommend that folks consult the appropriate medical or psychological professional when necessary to treat any condition.

TSM can help with anxiety. It might take a little practice but it does help.

The key to releasing on anxiety is to check and see what is actually here right now, IOWs what is actually happening at the time the anxiety appears. Specifically, the situation or the story about the situation is not relevant to releasing on anxiety. There is a tendency to want to figure out what part of the story is creating the panic/anxiety. If we put that aside and just focus on the sensations, what is actually here right now we can show the body how to let go and the body will see that it can let go and that it's OK to let go and it will less and less respond with those sensations. When we look to see what is actually right here right now we see that what is actually here right now are sensations, shortness of breath, heart racing, sweaty palms, gripping in he chest and/or stomach etc. Usually these sensations are uncomfortable and we want to get rid of them. So, first notice the sensations and then see if there is any wanting to get rid of them. Welcome wanting to get rid of them as fully as possible. Then check and see if you could let go of wanting to get rid of them? Welcome your answer. Would you let go of wanting to get rid of them if you could? Welcome your answer. When would you let go of wanting to get rid of them if you could? Welcome wanting to get rid of them. Play around with this process and then let us know how things unfold for you.

Best,
    Delilah
    Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 07-16-2018, 08:08 AM.
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi Delilah,

That seemed to help. It atleast got me out of the panic. I am also finding behind it a lot of guilt. It is a stressful situation and I can't seem to live up to other's expectations or my own. Any advice of getting beyond the guilt?

John

Comment

H jkarnish!

There are all different sorts of ways to let go of guilt. One way to approach this is check and see if you are wanting others' approval? Welcome your answer. And then see, could you let go of wanting others' approval. In keeping with, check and see if you are feeling disapproval for yourself for this. Are you disapproving of yourself for not living up to others' expectations. Welcome your answer. And then see if you could let go of disapproving of yourself.

Exploring anything with the advs/disadvs process is always incredibly revealing. What are the advs and then disadvs of doing ________________(fill in the blank). And then release on the want that this arises from or stirs up. And the same with advs and then disadvs of not doing_________________(fill in the blank.)

Please keep us posted on how things unfold for you,
        Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi Delilah,

I eventually did end up going to see my psychiatrist to adjust my medicine. It all seemed to be revolved around a certain situation and once that got resolved the panic seemed to go away. I did find the process on guilt very helpful. I've been trying for years to get over the unrealistic guilt and shame. Letting go of wanting approval and disapproving of myself really seemed to help.

Thanks,

John

Comment

good news! thanks for letting us know.

Comment

That's great John! Glad you check with your psychiatrist and got things worked out there. And glad to read that you have had some important releasing gains too! Great job!

Warmly,
              Delilah
              www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
              X