Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary relief from shyness

Hi there,
    i stumbled on the sedona method nearly 4 years ago. As far as i remember i used to use it on my shyness and fear of public speaking and the results i got were really amazing but the problem is that they were only temporary.for example i release on shyness in the morning , i clear all the negative feelings of fear but one day later i notice that the shyness returns as intense as before . i am wondering if the sedona method requieres you to remember all the specific traumatic events and memories and let go of them in order for you to get permanent results like the eft method and other energy healing techniques ? Is there any way to let go of shyness and fear of public speaking and the similiar fears once and for all? Without the need to keep repeating the process of releasing on the same issues every day? Can i let go of shyness permanently without letting go of childhood memories and specific events that led to the formation of shyness coz i could not remember any of them?

Hi Terek!

The fact that you get relief from shyness temporarily is a great gain. If shyness is still appearing that simply means that more releasing is needed. The gain of daily relief can inspire you to keep releasing until it is no longer a tendency. You don't NEED to remember anything. If you keep releasing on this topic whatever needs to come to be released will come up. Layer by layer whatever needs releasing will release. If you keep at it the bodymind will no longer have the tendency and any other tendency that you release on. It's useful to explore this topic using all the different release processes in order for the bodymind to let go of this tendency. Lester asks "Could we be open to allow this release to be the last time we need to release on this topic/issue/tendency and could we be open to allowing the process to take as long is it does?"

Best,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi delilah. Thanks for your reply . i am wondering how much time it takes in order for an issue like shyness, lack of self confidence , fear of rejection to permanently be fixed and released without the need to keep doing releasing sessions everyday. Is it in the range of 1-2 months? It takes me arround 50 min to one hour daily to release shyness and it keeps coming back each day. I find too time consuming and tiring to work on shyness 1 hour daily
      thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi Terek!

I understand why you are asking about this. I too have asked the same question when I was struggling and in some cases suffering because I wanted relief. There is no solid answer for everyone. I have had clients dissolve tendencies in one session while others had to release on a tendency for a couple of years.

Lester in his infinite wisdom offers the releasing question mentioned above and I recommend that you actually release on the question. "Could you be open to allow this release to be the last time we need to release on this topic/issue/tendency and could you be open to allowing the process to take as long is it does?" Also, check and see if there is any wanting to to control your process or progress? Welcome your answer. Could you let go of wanting to control your process or progress? Welcome your answer.

When there is a tendency that has been around for a long time, you would know how long it has been for you, it's useful to release on the tendency using every single one of the releasing processes so that you are letting go from every perspective. Releasing on the advs/disadvs of a tendency can help to share things loose. And getting coaching help can be of value.

Since you have had some direct experience with successfully dropping the tendency temporarily you have a real reference point for what is possible. One of the things you can do is give your self over to releasing for hours or days on the tendency and that can expedite your process. Some folks and I have given myself over to releasing on something for hours and/or days at at time because of the motivation to be completely free of something. If you take a weekend or spend time during a vacation and just release on this you will be surprised at what can be accomplished. This is not to say that an hour a day is not useful. Of course it is. But concentrated uninterrupted releasing might get you to where you want to go much faster.

It's interesting that you write that releasing on shyness is tiring. Usually when we release we feel more energized and more alert and joyful. That's why many of us release daily even when there is no particular problem or struggle or suffering. There is no limit to what can happen if we keep releasing. Releasing can help with particular problems but it can also help us to experience things that we never thought were possible, that never occurred to us to experience because of the limited view we had about ourselves.

Warmly,
        Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

I was going to ask about shyness today too.

Why on earth would it take 50 minutes to an hour? If I bring up a feeling and try to let it go, it usually takes less than a minute unless I decide to do it a few times. Even still I would only be doing it for a couple of minutes or so. An hour seems like a long time to be doing it, is it not?

I've been shy, introverted, and had social anxiety my whole life. I've always had trouble connecting and making friends. Deep down I feel unworthy of relationships and like I'm not good enough. So if I just continue to bring up these feelings every day and let go of them with the Sedona Method, will I eventually heal my mind of these problems entirely?

And if so, how do you bring up these feelings so you can let them go? It's hard to feel shy when you're not currently in a social situation that makes you feel shy. It reminds me of EFT where they tell you to rate yourself on a scale of 1- 10 on how strongly you feel the feeling. Then you tap on it and rate yourself again. The problem is, when you're not currently in a social situation that makes you feel shy it's hard to imagine the feeling at all. So I would have to rate it a 1 and then there's no way to tell if the tapping worked because you weren't feeling shy to begin with. Yet if I were in an actual social situation I might rate it pretty high.

So I guess my question should be, if I can't currently feel what I would feel in a social situation, can I just image feeling it the best I can and let go on that? If I do that every day for a couple of minutes each day will I eventually heal my mind of this problem?

Comment

I understand the feeling of the releasing being tiring. Some days asking a lot of questions feel tiring. And some days it doesnt. Just keep going till you get there. Even if you had to spend several years to completely be free of the shyness it eould be worth it! And in the process you would let go of so many other things. You would be much freer. I have several topics that I do continous releasing on. Some times it just takes a lot of time. Keep at it and you will be happy for it ☺️

Comment

Hi Kuurt!

Yes, well it's easy to let anything go for a second. But if we want to dissolve a pattern, tendency, habit, etc permanently it can, not always, but often takes longer. You wrote, "I've been shy, introverted, and had social anxiety my whole life. I've always had trouble connecting and making friends. Deep down I feel unworthy of relationships and like I'm not good enough. So if I just continue to bring up these feelings every day and let go of them with the Sedona Method, will I eventually heal my mind of these problems entirely?" What you seem to be describing here is letting go in action. And that's a great practice! However when there is a "life long" tendency that we are wanting dissolve entirely then it is more effective to put some "real" time aside and really go deep with our releasing.

You ask some great questions here. When we can't access something right now we can do several things. We can imagine situations where we might feel and do certain things and that can help us access thoughts and feelings. We can refer to incidents in the past and work with the memories. We can also release on advs/disadvs for a tendency. We can explore resistance to people, places and things that are affected by those tendencies. Etc etc etc.

Releasing is like everything else. The more we put into it, the more we get out of it. If we put in a couple of minutes in every day then our results will be commensurate with the time invested. If we want bigger returns we need make bigger investments. Releasing in action is a great practice and skill but it isn't the same as going into t a room, shutting all the screens off, and the phone, and releasing without distraction. We are able to go much deeper and release the roots of a thing that keep the thing in place. It's like a garden, if we pull the tops of the weeds a little everyday, it looks pretty for a day but the weeds grow back. If we take the time to pull our the roots entirely then the weeds are gone entirely.

Lastly, releasing on any one thing is releasing on everything. The scope of how effective releasing is is unlimited. So the more we release on one thing is the degree of freedom we we experience with everything.

Best,
              Delilah

www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi Esbenmad!

Thanks for your encouraging words! You have written such important things here!!!!

Sometimes taking our time after we've asked the question can take us deeper and be more effective and less robotic. If you already know this then this comment and the rest of what I'm writing here isn't for you. Pay attention to what is going on from the chin down. We can get much better feed back on how the releasing is going if we notice what's going on in the throat, chest and stomach. If we are relaxing and feeling more spacious inside, if we are noticing energy moving through those places, then we know that the releasing is going pretty well. It's true that we don't always have really clear and direct physical feedback, especially for folks who've done a lot of releasing. They have allowed the bodymind to open up so fully that the sensations of releasing aren't that noticeable anymore. What I am trying to say is that the if we slow down and really stay present between the questions we ask less and release more.

Thanks so much for your contribution to this conversation Esbenmad!
                Delilah
                www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
                X