Releasing on insomnia or ignore it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Releasing on insomnia or ignore it

I have recently gone through a period of high anxiety due to almost losing my job immediately after taking on debt to remodel kitchen and then finding out my wife might have cancer. This anxiety disturbed my sleep and i started waking up early in morning between 3 and 5 am. Over the course of a few days we found out that my wife does not have cancer and I got a new better position at my employer. So with everything we feared behind us, I expected to start sleeping through the night but I kept waking up early. That stirred up fears from prior 2 episodes with insomnia. The last one was 4 years ago and lasted for 4-5 months so I began to fear that it was going to repeat again. I
    Last edited by BryantK; 10-04-2018, 07:40 AM.

Hi BryantK,

I'm sorry you weren't able to post your full message. I have noticed a few posts that cut off exactly where an apostrophe would appear. If you'd like to finish your post, I wonder if omitting apostrophes and special characters might help. I know I'm using apostrophes, but on my computer they work OK. Best wishes to you. This forum can be very helpful.

Comment

Thanks laughter... did not notice that. Tried editing but that did not seem to work so posting again...

I have recently gone through a period of high anxiety due to almost losing my job immediately after taking on debt to remodel kitchen and then finding out my wife might have cancer. This anxiety disturbed my sleep and i started waking up early in morning between 3 and 5 am. Over the course of a few days we found out that my wife does not have cancer and I got a new better position at my employer. So with everything we feared behind us, I expected to start sleeping through the night but I kept waking up early. That stirred up fears from prior 2 episodes with insomnia. The last one was 4 years ago and lasted for 4-5 months so I began to fear that it was going to repeat again. I have now been dealing with this for over 3 weeks and desperate to overcome it.

My dad gave me the Sedona Course a couple weeks ago and I have gone through the basic 6 CD course and just started Effortless Wealth although I am considering going back through CD1-6 instead as I do not see how the advanced courses apply to my situation. Suggestions?

This gets back to my question. I am a type A person with a strong desire to control my sleep even though I know it is not possible. I fear that if this continues it will effect my job performance and even lose my job. So my inclination is to focus releasing on my fear of waking up early. My dad thinks I need to release on everything else that gives me anxiety and not focus on my anxiety over not sleeping well. His suggestion is to go over the Chart of Emotions and list those i relate to and release on those. I do recall from the course that we make our fears real by bringing them into the present and future. Chapter 13 in book also says that by placing continual emphasis on it we call it to mind over and over and it becomes a program limiting our happiness.

Also, as I am new to TSM, I am still not sure I am really in touch enough with my emotions to release on them. When I am having an anxiety attack due to a particularly bad night I can release on that and feel relief but that feels more like a bandaid until it happens again. I think my analytical nature and years of suppressing feelings make this difficult. So I am feeling stuck both in my poor sleep pattern and in how to proceed with TSM.

Comment

'I allow myself to have a good night's sleep with ease'..how does that sound as an initial goal?

Comment

I like the goal but not sure where that fits. So far the first place in course that looks at goals is Effortless Wealth and I assumed I would be creating a goal around wealth topic. Are you suggesting I continue with course using sleep related goal?

Comment

Hi BryantK!

Sorry you're having a hard time posting here and also with connecting with me.
            I sent you a message with my direct email. My professional website is not sending me my emails and I'm trying to fix this.

Thanks so much for trying to help with this laughter!

As far as anxiety goes, it's a good sign that you are experiencing some relief after releasing. If you keep at it you'll start to see that anxiety is really just energy coming up to be released. The energy is experienced as sensations, and often the sensations are uncomfortable so we start to have anxiety about the anxiety. So the thing to do with anxiety is to actually notice what is really happening when you are experiencing anxiety. And as best you can see if you can allow what is happening to happen. That might take some practice but eventually you will no longer be so frightened of them and you will get better and better at welcoming them, allowing them and they will subside. ...I'd be happy to show you want I'm talking about. Please have a look at my reply to your message and send me an email to my direct email address and I'll show you how that works.

Zannierose is right. It is nice to have a goal statement to release on as well. Yes, we can create goal statements on any topic not just wealth.

Have a look at The Sedona Book that came with your recorded material. Not the workbook but the white book titled The Sedona Method. You can read all about goals in there.

Warmly,
            Delilah
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

For the website developer:
              Delilah, you are welcome! It appears that when BryantK omitted apostrophes he was able to post his full message (in his 2nd post, above). At the time I commented, his first post had cut off at the exact spot where an apostrophe would have appeared next. Over time, I've noticed the same issue on several people's cut-off messages. Could someone please notify the website developer that apostrophes or special characters may cut off some people's posts? Thank you.

Comment

Hi laughter!

I will let the tech folks know. It seems though that Zannierose was able to use apostrophes. In any case I will bring this to the tech folks attention.

Thanks so much for you keen observation and helpfulness!

Love,
                Delilah
                www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

I am using an iPad so it could be the char set used by Apple compared to Windows.

Comment

For the website developer:

Thank you, Delilah!
                    Yes, most of us use apostrophes here with no problems. The problem appears to occur on only a small minority of users' posts. As BryantK mentioned, the difference may lie in the users' equipment. I am using another Apple product with no problems. Thanks; we greatly value all your coaching here!
                    laughter

Comment

Delilah,

Thanks for your reply. I tried starting with the book but did not understand it at first. After watching video and going through the basic part of course I will give book another try. In skimming it I found chapter 13 to be helpful.

I did keep listening to Effortless Wealth and came across a release on CD8 Track 4 that I am starting. It addresses fear tied to expectation of something happening. I feel I am afraid of waking up earlier than I want and not getting enough sleep. I am just not sure if I am doing it right.
                      Last edited by BryantK; 10-06-2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

i tried this last night and it worked for me. will post here if improvement continues

https://www.sedona.com/blog/a-better-nights-sleep/

Comment

Working...
                        X