Question about how to release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about how to release

I noticed today while trying to welcome feelings as they came up that strong emotions seemed to be hitting a block, as if there were something stopping them. The block feels something like a 2 x 4 piece of wood sort of midway between my heart and my throat. I noticed it first as grief started to build up and I tried to just let it be, but even being welcoming to it it felt stifled. I felt a similar feeling with trying to let anger I was feeling later on just be there.

I tried to focus on the block, and tried just allowing it to be there, and asking if I'd allow myself to let go of it, and variations on would I allow myself to be open to anger and grief, but all that happens is I start to feel lighter 'better', but I can still feel the block there and I haven't actually allowed the grief or anger to be not suppressed. I feel like I'm protecting myself with this block.

I don't know if I've described this well. Even if it doesn't help, or get released, I'd welcome just being able to have a good cry over the loss I'm feeling versus stuck in thought.

Hi Logan74!

Try this:

Check and see if there is any wanting to get rid of the block.
    Welcome the answer.
    If yes, could you allow yourself to want to get rid of the block as much as you do.
    Welcome the answer.
    Then see if you could let go of wanting to get rid of the block.

Answer the questions honestly, not the way you want to or the way you think you should. If you get a no could you welcome the no? We can still have a great release even if we get a no for any answer. The key is to simply answer honestly and the process will work.

Please come back and let us know how things unfold for you.
    Sincerely,
    Delilah
    [email protected]
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by Logan74 View Post
      I noticed today while trying to welcome feelings as they came up that strong emotions seemed to be hitting a block, as if there were something stopping them. The block feels something like a 2 x 4 piece of wood sort of midway between my heart and my throat. I noticed it first as grief started to build up and I tried to just let it be, but even being welcoming to it it felt stifled. I felt a similar feeling with trying to let anger I was feeling later on just be there.

I tried to focus on the block, and tried just allowing it to be there, and asking if I'd allow myself to let go of it, and variations on would I allow myself to be open to anger and grief, but all that happens is I start to feel lighter 'better', but I can still feel the block there and I haven't actually allowed the grief or anger to be not suppressed. I feel like I'm protecting myself with this block.

I don't know if I've described this well. Even if it doesn't help, or get released, I'd welcome just being able to have a good cry over the loss I'm feeling versus stuck in thought.
      I saw one guy get up on stage with Hale saying he had a strong pain in his solar plexus from releasing. Hale told him to welcome the feeling and then the space in and around the feeling (holistic releasing going back and forth).

I also just read here that Lester had a strong feeling in his chest that he said he had to "walk off". Hale introduced this bounce and shake exercise he got from John Gray one time for people who were having things get stuck.

Hale did it a little differently because you would put your hands in a chopping form.
      Last edited by barnburn; 12-22-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Hi barnburn!

Wonderful post! Yes, moving in various ways can be very helpful because movement gets the blood flowing, helps the fascia and the muscles warm up and become more flexible and that can help things to release. There are lots of movement modalities and energy modalities that support releases. That's why Hale recommends folks go outside and take a walk or a hike when attending a retreat.

Thanks so much for your input,
        Delilah
        [email protected]
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
        X