feeling sorry for others, what is it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bodhimind
    started a topic feeling sorry for others, what is it?

feeling sorry for others, what is it?

sometimes I feel sorry for others . it's not I can't feeling. Rather it is a kind of ' they can't ' 'they suck' feeling. And this makes me wonder what category does this feeling fall in the acflap. It makes me feel bad too..

thanks in advance for your clarification~

• DelilahCertifiedSMCoach
    replied
    Hi bodhimind!

In the worldly world, this is considered empathy and/or compassion. Nothing wrong with these feelings.

Is it possible that there is a feeling of powerlessness that is stirred up when seeing what you perceive in someone else and that's what makes you feel "bad?"

Sometimes when we witness someone else struggling we want to control their experience or we feel like their experience is controlling us. Sometimes both things are in play. Nothing wrong with feeling these feelings. It's just part of being human. We can, if we choose to, release these things. Letting go of our discomfort in witnessing another person's suffering allows us to be more fully present because when we feel another person's pain we tend to want to pull away or push away from the pain. Letting go of painful feelings allows us to be more fully present and perhaps more helpful.

Warmly,
    Delilah
    theaccordcenter@gmail.com
    Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 02-26-2019, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zannierose
    replied
    do you feel better than them?
    If so it probably is associated with pride. I wonder what wants you notice as you explore this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X