Bewilderment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bewilderment

There are so many ways you can approach releasing, and there are so many things to let go of, that I am feeling bewildered and hopeless. I have a nagging feeling that I am doing the wrong thing in regards to my releasing. I have started to ask myself the releasing questions without answering them. What in the world is sincerity, if, even when I think I am telling the truth, I feel like I am lying? The releasing questions seem to work even though you don't answer them. I don't feel like I have made much progress in my releasing. It has been more than two mounths since I started releasing.

Hi Neverland. It gets better. I can't give you any advice but I can tell you what helped me. First of all, I got the Basic Course ( i was lucky, my local library had a copy) and just focused on the recording of releasing the 9 emotional states. I did that daily for a month. Then I started to take steps, baby steps. Then visiting the Facebook page was a help seeing how people used it successfully. If you can afford it have a coaching session. If you haven't yet, get the book and don't be afraid to go slowly, chapter by chapter. You will make progress. Looking back this looks like advice but they are all things that helped me a lot.

Comment

Every feeling just check what want it is and then check if you can let it go. What helped me is just doing the tissue box method. I take one feeling or issue and release on it until nothing else comes up then I will check again or move on to releasing on whatever comes to mind. Ok so there are so many ways to release. Ok, what is my now feeling about that? Is it a wanting a,c,s? Could i let go of wanting a,c,s? Would I? When?

It's just a matter of continuing to check and focus on one release at a time. Stick to the very basics. You have a story about something example. even when I am telling the truth i feel like i am lying. Ok, so check in with the feeling. Is this a wanting a,c,s? Could I let go of wanting a,c,s? would I? When?

Just keep going back to the basics and it may take practice but if you get confused or frustrated or anything just look at whatever story you're telling yourself in the moment and take it to the wants and just check if you can let it go. Whatever it is in this moment, just for now could you take it for checking? forget everything and check does it feel like it's a wanting a,c,s? Could you let go of wanting a,c,s? Would you? When?

that's what worked for me. this moment now whatever is here just check it with the basic questions and keep at it no matter what comes up that's just the next feeling and take it to the wants.

Comment

Hi Neverland!

Yes, I with David when I say it's gets better.

And Yes! The releasing questions work even if you just ask yourself them and don't feel you are answering them because the bodymind is orienting itself to the what the questions are asking. I don't know if this will help or discourage but 2 months is still pretty new. Let go of wanting to do things perfectly or correctly as best you can. And see if you can bring some gentlelovingkindness to your process. You are probably doing much better that you realize but are just being hard on yourself. I say this last thing because most of us are.

JKL456 wrote, "You have a story about something example. even when I am telling the truth i feel like i am lying. Ok, so check in with the feeling. Is this a wanting a,c,s? Could I let go of wanting a,c,s? would I? When?" and this is actually very good advice and wonderful support for you.

We've all felt how you are feeling. Hang in there. Remember, genltlovingkindness and patience. You can do this.

Warmly,
        Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thanks for your answers. I'll see if I can put to practice some, if not all, of your advices.

I have another question. Suppose you don't have to work. While you are not yet at peace with yourself, why pursue any thing other than releasing?

Comment

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that you must "work" before you are at peace with yourself Neverland. If you are able to spend all your time releasing then go for it. But it isn't necessary to stop working or avoid people etc. so that you can be what you already are.

Warmly,
            Delilah
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

I should have asked "Why should I go after my dreams, if I am not at peace with myself yet?" What is the point of writing a novel, or learning Latin, or finding a dream job, if I am not at peace with myself yet?
              Now I am being more clear. Fulfilling a dream won't bring me happiness, for (at least I believe so, thanks to Sedona Method) the only happiness I could ever find is within myself.
              Last edited by Neverland; 10-03-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Hi Neverland!

Have a look at this link with a current conversation about this kind of topic. Read how Lester addressed your question. The let go of wanting to figure things out and just keep releasing on everything that comes up.

He understood that both happiness and accomplishing goals were not at odds with each other but two sides of the same coin and that there is a continuum between the two, He didn't perceive a separation between them.

https://community.sedona.com/forum/t...ng-up-the-past

Warmly,
                Delilah
                www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

I can't stop to let go of everything that people tell I should let go of. I am currently focused on letting go of my anger towards my parents. One thing at a time. I don't know how much anger there is left, but I think it is a lot. It is what I said before, there are so many things to let go of. Somedays I spend a little bit more than 10 minutes releasing, some days I spend more than an hour. It doesn't seem like it is enough, but it is what I have been able to do. If I start to release on other things, I'll lose track of what I am currently letting go of.

Your advice is good, I should follow it. But I ain't able to do it for now.
                  Last edited by Neverland; 10-08-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Hi Neverland!

You are actually doing pretty well if you're letting go of anger towards your parents. So can you take that in? And can you give yourself some approval for being able to do that? I say you're doing a very good job. Take it one day at a time and bring some gentlelovingkindness to your process. Hang in there. And every time you release it counts!

Warmly,
                    Delilah
                    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

I have been releasing my anger towards my parents this way: I ask myself "Could I allow myself to hate my parents as much as do?" and "Could I allow myself to love my parents as much as I do?" repeatedly, without answering, and then I see what comes up, and then I welcome it and/or let go of it using the basic releasing questions (I don't release on the four wants yet, I am not that far on the Supercourse.) But it is too much anger; it never ends.
                      I perceive there is a pattern to my releasing, and to the things that I do in life. I hardly ever finish anything. I am always starting this or that project, this or that book, starting to learn this or that thing, and I never finish anything. I know a little bit of Latin, a little bit of French, a little bit of Italian, a little bit of Russian, a little of German, but I haven't mastered any of those languages. I feel like I have released on a little bit of this and a little bit of that, and this almost hasn't helped. There is another pattern linked to this pattern. I am too much of a perfeccionist, and if I am able to write to you it is after much struggle, or because I disregarded the set of rules that I have in my mind for writing (I pride myself in being very good at grammar). If I am not doing a thing perfectly I want to quit. If things are not perfect I want to quit. And this entails a whole lot of procrastination. I feel overwhelmed because I don't know where to start releasing. These issues seem so big to me. But reading this it seems to me like the problem to be tackled first is this thing that
                      I can't finish things. What do you think? If I can't finish things, then I can't finish releasing on something. But perhaps I should start with something specific like "I feel like a can't finish releasing on a topic" instead of "I feel like I can't finish things." I think if I released on the second feeling, it would be too much for me.
                      I believe what I have written is very confusing. But, understand, I am such a perfectionist that I think I have rarely ever written a cohesive text two pages or more long.
                      I have this feeling. "This time I'll turn out alright." "This time, with releasing, I'll turn out alright!" "This time, releasing on this or that, I'll turn out alright"
                      I feel like I have to figure out a way to make releasing work for me.
                      Last edited by Neverland; 10-10-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Hi Neverland!

I wanted to reply to you right away because I didn't want you to delete this post on behalf of perfectionism. You are not alone with the struggles with perfectionism. Perfectionism is a trap for many of us. One way to address this is to acknowledge what you are able to accomplish even if it's only a little bit of something. A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing. Each little thing we accomplish counts!!! You can accept that as a fact or try to make a case against it but it is a fact. With releasing, any releasing counts! Even if it's on a big topic that may feel like it's endless. No topic is endless. If we keep releasing on feelings they do dissipate and eventually there is no charge there. Eventually peace and joy and love are uncovered under all the "stuff" and peace and joy and love are experienced directly.

Can you be open to the possibility that you are already "alright"? That you don't need to do anything in particular to become "alright'? It's just a question, and as best you can, could you welcome whatever your answer is, even if it's "no"?

Again, you're willingness to keep releasing and to keep asking questions, and to engage counts and is important and a gain!!!

Warmly,
                        Delilah
                        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thanks for your answers.

After listening again to the first and second CDs of the Supercourse, things are much clearer now.
                          Last edited by Neverland; 10-12-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X