Letting go of 'characters' - inner critic voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting go of 'characters' - inner critic voice

I havent' seen this anywhere - but wondering how to navigate letting go of a voice in your head - that is always repeating the same story. I guess I could focus on what the feeling that comes from the thoughts - but it feels like there is an inner character and she is always telling me, I don't belong. That I've tried so much and failed and should just give up. She's a mean girl. She has a lot of dialogue - I let her talk and let her do her thing but she just keeps going..

It seems like she needs some dialogue back, but I'm not sure if that will strengthen her resolve or what the right response is to that voice.. in terms of letting her go.

How about releasing them as beliefs and stories?

Comment

Hi mari!

Welcome the belief that "this character" is somehow separate from you. And then see if you can find where you begin and "she" ends. ...Or where you end and "she" begins.

Also, check to see if there is any wanting to be controlled by what "she" is saying.
      Welcome your answer.
      And then check and see if you could let go of wanting to be controlled by "her" and what "she" is saying.

Essentially these are your thoughts, your beliefs. If you didn't believe these thoughts the voice would have no purpose and would dissolve. So also check and see if there is any wanting to hold onto these thoughts and beliefs and if yes, could you let go of wanting to hold on to these thoughts and beliefs? Welcome your answer. If these beliefs and ideas were passed on to you from someone else you can ask all these same questions and release on them that way too.

Exploring material/internal dialogue like this using the advantages and disadvantages process can be very illuminating and can support further releasing.

Best,
      Delilah
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thank you kindly Delilah - this is very illuminating and really getting quite deep and valuable for me. Are there any other posts out there about letting go of 'wanting to be controlled' - I have read the book and this really resonates with me but it's so new of an idea I would like to learn more about it. Many ideas, I want to be controlled by. But it's a concept I need to understand better. It's hard to let go of wanting to be controlled because somewhere in my mind it feels counter-intuitive - like of course I don't want these thoughts to control me (oh but I do apparently..)

Comment

Hi mari!

That question might be found in one of the other posts or in some of releasing recordings that you can purchase from this website. I am not sure where. None of the releasing questions are "explained" further. The best way to deal with the mind seeing something as counter-intuitive is to just keep asking the question and answer honestly. If you get a "no" for an answer because the mind is balking then just let the "no" be here. We can still have a fabulous release even if we get a "no." This point itself is counter-intuitive and yet it's true. If the mind doesn't understand a question then just let the words of the question wash over you and notice how the question feels and answer from that feeling. If the question feels like it's evoking "yes", then the answer is "yes." If it feels like it's evoking "no" then the answer is "no." Could you let go of wanting the questions or your reactions to be "intuitive", to make sense to the logical mind? Welcome whatever your answer is.

Best,
          Delilah
          Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 12-09-2019, 01:43 PM.
          www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
          X