What is "let go"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "let go"

Hello. I have the abundance book from larry crane and also the sedona method book from hale dwoskin. When i practice the technique i let an emotion comes up but then i dont know what to do. Larry says to put an immaginary window over the feeling an let the emotion pass through. But what does that mean ? Allow the emotion to leave my body (erase, delete)? or allow the emotion to stay ? I am confused now, i don't know what larry means with "allow emotion to pass through". I always thought that "let go" means to let the emotion go away from the chest or stomach, but is this not suppressing?

Hi juventino!

Letting go refers to allowing the feeling to leave the body. Letting the feeling leave the body is not suppressing. Suppressing is when we push the feeling down or away. Letting go is when we notice the feeling, which is the opposite of suppressing, allow it to come up IOWs welcome it and allow it to move through the bodymind. Suppressing comes from wanting to get rid of a feeling. When we want to get rid of a feeling it becomes very hard to let it go. As I write this I can see how some of this might be confusing. The best way to avoid suppressing is to welcome the feeling, allow it to be here, and then let it go.

Best,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Ok thanks. What i dont understand is, hale did the example with the pen (hold on tightly). Is this "tightness" coming from (resisting the feeling, want to go away? Or is this "tightness" coming from wanting to keep the emotion,wanting to have the emotion, wanting to suffering?

Comment

Hi juventino!

At a basic level the tightness is the result of our holding on. It can also be us resisting. I recommend that you notice the tightness, let go of wanting to get rid of it as best you can, in fact could you welcome it and allow it be here as best you can? If something doesn't release with letting go questions, it will release if you welcome it, allow it to be here fully. You won't be able to think the tightness away. As you keep playing around with the questions and the processes you'll find your way around to letting go with more and more ease.

Warmly,
        Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Ok now i understand.thank you delilah. But why we (hold on) and choose to have this negative emotion although we know that they are painful? Example: when something bad happens to me, i can notice that i choose to hold on to negativity and i really want to have this negativity. I don't want to let go and be happy in that moment. Is this normal? And if so, why this happens?

Comment

Hi juventino!

Check and see if you actually do want to hold onto pain and ask yourself why. That will offer you the best answer to that question for YOU.
            Holding on is actually a habit that has been developed over our lifetimes for a whole host of reasons. It's best if we discover why holding on mean to us or does for us personally so that we can release on whatever the answer is for us.

Best,
            Delilah
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
            X