Suppressing emotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppressing emotions

I need help. I can tell that I have not been using the method fully and i see now that I am suppressing my emotions and I don’t know what to do. I end up trying to release but i can’t so I end up suppressing them because I don’t know what to do. When I get overwhelmed I impulsively overeat, watch YouTube, play Xbox for hours. And even though I let go of wanting to change the stuckness it for the most part will stay. It is obvious to me now that I have never really done the method correctly. I really just need some help, thank you

Hi Xave!

First start with acknowledging that you have been trying and give yourself some approval for that.

The next thing to do is to notice a feeling when you're having it and allow the feeling sensations in the body to do what they are doing. Notice where the feeling is in the body. That is the essence of welcoming a feeling. As you get more and more comfortable with welcoming you'll find that welcoming will not only get easier but letting go will get easier too.

Please keep us posted on how things unfold,
    Delilah
    Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 03-04-2020, 07:56 AM.
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
    X