No announcement yet.

How to "view" releasing or letting go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to "view" releasing or letting go?

With most "spiritual paths", there is a focus on simply being, on allowing and welcoming everything in your present experience. Of being awareness. Of simply witnessing or observing. Of letting go of all resistance to what is right now.

I totally get this, and can be in this state often with practice. (I still see myself as separate, but at least I can simply be aware for stretches of time without trying to "add" anything to the experience - judgements, attachments, etc)

Now, this all aligns well with the 2nd way of releasing and triple welcoming. Simply welcoming everything.

However, if I go from welcoming the experience to letting go of or "releasing" the experience, that sort of means to me right now that I am actually not OK with the present experience, and I want it to be different, thus I want to let it go.

Actually, I *can* do this, and the emotion seems softer. However, however, I also feel like I am no longer simply welcoming what is.

It feels sort of like this: "We are pushing in our consciousness, in our soul. We are trying to make things go in a certain direction. An operation has been set in motion to achieve a certain result. We are trying to make ourselves feel something that is actually different from how we really feel, because we have it in our minds that however things are in our experience is not the way they should be."

Consciously "letting go" seems like it has a tint of "resisting what is" or at least not 100% accepting what is.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Thank you everyone! Have a fantastic day.

Hi SeanG!

Excellent insight! Yes, a lot of time folks want to let go because they want to get rid of, or control, a thought or a feeling or experience. And yes, this is essentially resistance. On the other hand letting go or releasing does not HAVE to mean that " I am actually not OK with the present experience, and I want it to be different, thus I want to let it go." It doesn't have to mean anything really. Letting go AKA releasing is essentially letting go or releasing into flow. When we are in flow we aren't disturbed, or to use Lester's word, perturbed. We are simply open to what is and feel the flow of life, of energy, of peace, of love, of creativity, without any anticipation or expectation of the next moment. So, if we are welcoming and then checking to see if we can let go and we discover that we are wanting to control, change, or fix the next moment, then we know we have some more releasing to do. Remember that releasing is an internal process. Letting go of wanting to control, change, or fix the next moment, doesn't preclude taking action steps. It results is being able to take action steps while being in the flow of life, of energy, of peace, of love, of creativity.

Warmly,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thank you Delilah! This helped a lot. "Releasing into flow" is a great way for me to understand it.

Comment

Working...
      X