No announcement yet.

What do I do when I'm afraid to let go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do when I'm afraid to let go?

I've been holding on to a particular issue for 10 years now, and I'm so afraid to let it go..I feel like something really bad will happen, and in the extreme, I feel like I'll die if I let it go. I just can't seem to drop it. I've tried letting go of wanting to change it but this doesn't really work.

Help!

What is the 'benefit' from holding on to it? From there I've been better able to pull apart the layers of the 'wants' that are caught up in the 'holding on'.

Comment

Originally posted by cameronwilliams View Post
      I've been holding on to a particular issue for 10 years now, and I'm so afraid to let it go..I feel like something really bad will happen, and in the extreme, I feel like I'll die if I let it go. I just can't seem to drop it. I've tried letting go of wanting to change it but this doesn't really work.

Help!

Cameron,

The triple welcoming process usually works quite well:

Welcome or notice the issue - all the memories, pictures, sounds and sensations.
      Welcome your reactions and feelings about it - feeling like something really bad will happen, like you'll die if you let it go, any other wants, including wanting to get rid of it or fix it.
      And then welcome the sense that it is personal, that it is you or about you.

I suggest you do that without any intention of letting go of the issue, just a simple exploration of what is.

You may need to do a few rounds of that.

Please also feel free to contact me for a complimentary releasing session, and to join my free support calls.

All the best,

Susan
      Susan Seifert
      Certified Sedona Method Coach
      http://www.yoursedonacoach.com
      Register for my Free Sedona Method Support calls

Comment

Dear Cameron,

Could you give yourself permission to hold on to this issue....to consciously and lovingly hold on to this. Releasing is not something you 'have' to do. Giving permission softens any sense that you 'should or ought' to let this go. Remember you are already that which you seek to be. Let me know how you get on.
        warmly

Fiona Moore
        [email protected]

Comment

Thank you everyone. All of your suggestions have been helpful I've also found success with welcoming the resistance to the holding on, and and welcoming resistance to letting go.

Thanks again for your help...this site is a great resource!

Comment

Dear Cameron,
            resistance is very insidious and it stops us from having, doing and being what we want in life. There is a wonderful quote by Hale Dwoskin which I find to be true all the time in my experience.
            "Feelings only lie. They tell us we are going to get from letting go of them what we already have from holding on to them."
            You have been holding on to a particular issue for 10 years now and all this limiting thoughts and feelings that you are experiencing about that issue are telling you that something really bad will happen if you let them go.
            Is that really true? Aren't you already experiencing these very limiting and counterproductive feelings and thoughts by holding on to them?
            This quote was very helpful to me and what I found by letting go of my limiting feelings and thoughts was more space, freedom, love & lightness.
            All the suggestions you got from the different coaches are wonderful and very helpful. Explore it on yourself.
            Be gentle and have fun.
            For your freedom & well-being
            Jerome Goldschmidt
            www.jeromegoldschmidt.com
            Right here, right now is all there is.

Comment

Originally posted by cameronwilliams View Post
              Thank you everyone. All of your suggestions have been helpful I've also found success with welcoming the resistance to the holding on, and and welcoming resistance to letting go.

Thanks again for your help...this site is a great resource!
              That's great Cameron! Yay!!
              www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
              X