Dealing with triggers, anxiety and hearing voices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with triggers, anxiety and hearing voices

I have been through some stuff that left me really broken compared to how I was before. I had psychosis and have been hearing voices (mostly commenting me and talking about my past and present in a really cruel way) ever since, sometimes none at all tho and sometimes it's constant.

I have a great connection with my psychologist and meds were just upped since I felt at times like just hearing people talk in a certain way was really straining for me. Sedona has helped me in a general way to process bad situations, but I also feel like there's just too much to process since stuff keeps coming up, and now I've had a few unfortunate situations at work that triggered all that past pain. I feel like sometimes the method brings up so much pent up stuff that I just don't have the capacity to release all i'd need to be functional. Like i'm missing a protective layer against the world.

I'm thinking about taking some days off and trying to sort this stuff out and practise some self care, and I'd like to know If anyone has been thru something similar or just has some ideas on how I should work with the releasing. I'd like to focus on releasing the fear of voices, real and imagined, and take the suffering out of being a relatively despised person by many, which is a real thing despite sounding kinda delusional, long story.

I think meds and therapy have taken me as far as I can go right now so i need something to support them, but when Hale talkes about the ease of releasing i'm always feeling like NOPE, it's hard work to feel all that seemingly endless pain. Rewarding mostly but hard :'D Tried many ways but haven't found it fast or easy

Hi nomnom!

First let me say that it takes a lot of courage and inner strength and determination to deal with what you are dealing with, and the same can be said for writing on this forum and asking your question.

As you probably know we here at TSM encourage folks to consult the appropriate professional for the sort of things your are describing here and we also say that releasing can support the work you are doing with your therapist while you are taking meds.

I know that releasing does seem to be easier for some than for others but it should be noted that A LOT of us do struggle with releasing and take a longer time to find relief and if we find ourselves in that boat it doesn't reflect anything particularly negative about us. I'm trying to say that this is much more common that we realize.

If the releasing is highly triggering or if it brings up a lot of painful material, the best thing to do is to break the process down into smaller bite size pieces. A lot of people don't like this idea because they come to the process with the idea that there is A LOT to release and it will take forever if we release a little at a time and slow things down. However, there is something called "generalizing" when it comes to modalities like releasing. Every time we release on one thing we are releasing on everything. So even if we break things down into tolerable sessions we are still working on everything. Pushing ourselves to release aggressively does work for some but it can be too overstimulating for others. Again, where we fall in this continuum reflects absolutely nothing about us. Releasing at a pace that feels tolerable and safe is much more productive than we realize. We don't want to traumatize ourselves with the process that ultimately can be very helpful and healing if we do it in a way that is truly tolerable and at a pace that works best for us. Traumatizing ourselves using a process really slows things down, it doesn't speed things up. One of the most loving things we can do for ourselves is to pay attention to what works best for us and not compare ourselves to others and how their process unfolds.

So how do we do this? If you've been releasing for 30 minutes or an hour at a time, see how releasing for 10 minutes works for you. Does it feel more manageable, more tolerable? It's OK to tip toe into the material if diving in is too intense. You can always come back to where you left off later or the next day and do another 10 minutes, or even 5 minutes if 10 minutes is too intense. I have worked this way personally and professionally when needed and it has made all the difference in the world. Over time we do find that we can tolerate more intense feelings for longer and it does feel safe even if it feels uncomfortable. The discomfort is much more manageable and tolerable because we've honored our personal needs and our own process and healing has happened.

Warmly,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thanks for your kind words Delilah! The warmth in your response really means so much to me.

It is a struggle to find the balance in life with these problems. I was so unwell before the method too but also i was more composed on many areas since I had it all bottled up. Right now due to all that has happened I feel like the Sedona method and meds are the only things that can soothe me, and I do feel a bit disappointed about cutting TSM back. But I think you're absolutely right, and perhaps some structure in releasing would be good and help to pinpoint the most pressing topics that I could then cut into smaller sections. Or should it be more spontaneous?

Does sedona method have any views on mental illness, like what are good release angles for hearing voices and being obsessively afraid of other people and their opinions because of my particular history?

Comment

Hi nomnom!

We here at TSM have no views on mental illness outside of acknowledging that we are not equipped to address any kind physical or mental illness.

You can release whenever you like. It a structured schedule works best for then go for that. Being spontaneous is fine too. Explore what works best for you. You can also release more than once a day even if you shortening the time spent releasing.

I recommend that you take some time to allow any disapproval you have for yourself and your experiences so that the disapproval can come up and release. And then release on wanting others' approval, welcome wanting it, take your time and then see if you can let that go.

It might be helpful to explore letting go of wanting to control whatever is appearing in the mind. See if there is any resistance to the voices and take your time to welcome that and then as best you can, let that go. If that helps then keep exploring that for yourself.

Please keep us posted on how your process is unfolding.
        And always feel free to ask any kinds of questions here. We are here to support your releasing process in whatever way we can.

For your freedom,
        Dellilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

I had that problem to start the year. It only lasted for one week. I wasn't getting sleep and finally I had a nervous breakdown. They gave me expensive meds and I did take them for a month but knew I didn't need them.

What led to me not getting sleep was a new roomate moved in who could hear my thoughts. Needless to say it did stir up a lot of fear because imagine the kind of stress not having private thoughts might cause someone who didn't understand such things and never had experienced that and couldn't shut it off. It wouldn't happen with everybody.

I took a year off from work and right before I had my breakdown for a week. I had one night where I felt so clear and free and if I didn't know anybody I thought that was it. I got there because I'd had a spontaneous chakra awakening or something while meditating one morning after not being able to sleep for more than a few hours. Nothing really came of it and later that night I was feeling maybe disappointed and so I decided then and there to start releasing. And for whatever reason I just got into this absolute clarity and feeling of freedom but I didn't keep it going. I didn't release all the fear of dying yet and so my ego fought back and it snuck up on me and lulled me into not releasing like I needed to.

So I started a new job after not working for a whole year. As soon as I got there it started up again. I couldn't have private thoughts, literally! I'm an empath and very intuitive and I don't hear other's thoughts because to me that's a violation. Take looking in someone's windows watching them shower and everything. Well for me this has been a lot worse than that. No privacy in my own mind. So I just wanted to tell you that there is hope. Stick with it no matter what and take it all the way. I've realized that I have to keep going with it. Sedona Method has been the most helpful tool in my whole life and we just have to keep at it, never give up. So for the past week I've rededicated myself to releasing and going back to the 6 steps of making it constant because I know it works and I know if I just apply the method, anything is possible.

If anyone else has dealt with this and successfully overcome it please share. I feel lighter and lighter and will keep at it. Today I started with a back and forth on what is my now thought/feeling about having private thoughts? What is my now thought/feeling about not having private thoughts? and release whatever came up. I will keep at that until I get a new idea of how to approach it or I'm free of it. Also I do releasing on self love every day, that's how I start my morning now.

Comment

daily releasing on self love is a wonderful practice.

Comment

Hi JKL456!

Thanks for your share here. Glad to read that you find releasing helpful.

Q: How can you tell that someone can hear your thoughts? What experience have you had that indicates that this happens?

Warmly,
              Delilah
              www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
                Hi JKL456!

Thanks for your share here. Glad to read that you find releasing helpful.

Q: How can you tell that someone can hear your thoughts? What experience have you had that indicates that this happens?

Warmly,
                Delilah
                They will just start saying whatever I'm thinking out loud. Sometimes they think it's a game. I've experimented where I'd hold an image in mind and yep someone who was in the game mentality excitedly said it out loud. It's not a fun experience for me because people obsess over it but the positive is that it's given me that fire to continue with the method like there's no tomorrow. Although I feel pretty good alone and in nature so I may have to start purposely going around people in order to bring stuff up to release on.

I'd just got a new job and as soon as I walk in it started up but it wasn't with everyone. I've walked past people and they literally will say outloud what just past through my mind's awareness to whoever they're with. And they know that it has come from "me." It's usually the fearful monkey mind stuff that I don't purposely think. Usually releasing doesn't always go so well around others because that's an event to them too. Like "oh, he let it go!" Just stemming from those insecurities and fearful subconscious programs running. This is something that doesn't happen all the time thankfully. Like I can go to the store most times without it happening. If I have to work at a job and be in one spot around people then it tends to be a situation for me. It usually happens with people who are on the negative spectrum. People who have their BS dealt with to some degree I can actually be around without this thing I've experienced as a problem happening. It has happened with kids too and I won't say they're negative but maybe they haven't been programmed out of certain possibilities yet. Needless to say I spend most of my time alone, especially if I'm tired or fatigued. I do identify as an empath but I'm certainly open to the possibility that that's just a story as well and so I certainly have experienced a lot of what comes with the empath experience.

They say it is a natural ability and as humans evolve this may become a normal ability for everyone at some point. So until I've got it dialed in I figure I'm beta testing. For me it's just helping me to learn how to remain calm and in control of myself. I really feel like it's nudging me to just settle into that beingness and flow without the excess chatter of the mind. It's kind of been my "if you fear it will appear" example that shows me that yea maybe I kinda want to get a handle on this thought thing once and for all. I just want to be free like Lester really. lol

Comment

Hi JKL456!

Sorry to just be getting back to you on this. I somehow managed to miss this reply from you.

Thanks so much for taking the time write all of this out.

It seems like there is some anxiety associated with what you are experiencing. While releasing can help with anxiety, we do recommend that folks consult the appropriate professional to help with this. There are many mental health practitioners that are experts in helping with this and hearing voices. We can still release while working with a mental health practitioner so it doesn't have to be a choice between one or the other.

Again, apologies for not replying sooner,
                  Delilah

www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
                  X