• Login:

Welcome to the The Sedona Method Community Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Need your help: How to release so I can be myself

Letting Go Talker
    Thanks

Need your help: How to release so I can be myself

Around my friends I effortlessly joke around, but around others I don't know well I lock up. Where once I was confident I am now nervous and restrained. I often want to express myself and talk to pthers but there's an inner Resitance in me to initiating conversation or if we're talking presenting anything but a bland persona, sometimes it's just fear other times ts just a voice saying "you can't do that" "you shouldn't do that". Using the method I was able to release fears, but there's still a Resitance to bekg always authentic. What can I release to be free to be myself anywhere with no restraints, I don't know what section of the course or technique to use since the Resitance is so abstract, I'm resisting being myself but st the same time I want to express myself authentically.
    Last edited by honestowl; 01-10-2017 at 03:13 AM.
    www.sedona.com Home of the Sedona Method
    www.lettinggo.tv The Letting Go Movie
    http://apps.lettinggo.tv 5 Letting Go Mobile Apps

Administrator
    Thanks
    Could you let go of wanting approval? Also welcome the resistance when it comes up.

Whatever shows up you can always ask yourself the releasing questions And even welcome what shows up for you.

It's not a matter of getting the releasing right, once. It's Keep asking yourself the questions. Keep welcoming.

Alex

Sedona Method Coach
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi honestowl!

Start by noticing any wanting to change how you behave around people you don't know well.
    Then see if you can let that go. Could you let go of wanting to change how you behave around people you don't know well?

You might explore creating a goal statement around how you would like to be/feel around people you don't know well. Something like. "I now allow myself to feel comfortable and confident around everyone." You used the word authentic in your post. Authentic can mean lots of different things, ie real, honest, undisputed, veritable etc. See if you can articulate what authentic means to YOU so that you can include specifically what that would look like in your goal statement. And once you've clarified your goal you can release on anything that is in the way of your goal.

Best,
    Delilah

Sedona Method Coach
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi honestowl!

Start by noticing any wanting to change how you behave around people you don't know well.
    Then see if you can let that go. Could you let go of wanting to change how you behave around people you don't know well?

You might explore creating a goal statement around how you would like to be/feel around people you don't know well. Something like. "I now allow myself to feel comfortable and confident around everyone." You used the word authentic in your post. Authentic can mean lots of different things, ie real, honest, undisputed, veritable etc. See if you can articulate what authentic means to YOU so that you can include specifically what that would look like in your goal statement. And once you've clarified your goal you can release on anything that is in the way of your goal.

Best,
    Delilah

Letting Go Talker
    Thanks
    Thanks Alex and Delilah! I'm going to write a goals process on it as well as releasing wanting to change.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Hale Dwoskin,sedona community , sedonamethodcommunity,sedona method
SEO Blog